PDA

View Full Version : Well, shes been and gone

JCrakers
09-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Just had a lovely morning with Mrs O. She was lovely. :D

I only had a 2yr old and Dad said she said her tummy hurt when he dropped her off at 9am so I was expecting an up and down morning but it went really well.

She was really impressed and said I was the best childminder she had seen. I was building myself up for an outstanding but she gave me a good. Im a bit dissapointed as she said there should be a very good mark but there isnt.
I told her I was dissapointed and what could I do to improve. She couldnt think of anything at first but then mentioned I needed to be part of a network group so I could swap info and also I havent attended any courses recently because i cant get to any.
She also said that shes never known childminders get outstanding because they are just not like nurseries. Nurseries have close networks etc. and special needs children etc. Im pretty mad with that statement but Hey ho.....

I said to her that I recieved a good last time and that I had improved a lot she apologised and said she had given me a good in all areas, even though she thought i was one of the best shes seen.....Well at least its over and done with for until the next time

Stapleton83
09-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Don't be disappointed good is still a great result, well done you:clapping::clapping:

Sam x

childmind04
09-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Good is still a fantastic result but can understand your disappointment in her statements :rolleyes: enjoy the rest of your day and celebrate :)

The Juggler
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM
don't be disappointed. being the best childminder she has seen is amazing as a compliment hon. Don't forget GOOD means 'strong practice' not just OK so be patting yourself on teh back immediately and celebrating tonight :clapping::clapping:

catminder
09-03-2012, 01:59 PM
What a fantastic comment to have from an inspector. You should be proud of yourself. Well done:clapping:

rickysmiths
09-03-2012, 02:17 PM
Just had a lovely morning with Mrs O. She was lovely. :D

I only had a 2yr old and Dad said she said her tummy hurt when he dropped her off at 9am so I was expecting an up and down morning but it went really well.

She was really impressed and said I was the best childminder she had seen. I was building myself up for an outstanding but she gave me a good. Im a bit dissapointed as she said there should be a very good mark but there isnt.
I told her I was dissapointed and what could I do to improve. She couldnt think of anything at first but then mentioned I needed to be part of a network group so I could swap info and also I havent attended any courses recently because i cant get to any.
She also said that shes never known childminders get outstanding because they are just not like nurseries. Nurseries have close networks etc. and special needs children etc. Im pretty mad with that statement but Hey ho.....

I said to her that I recieved a good last time and that I had improved a lot she apologised and said she had given me a good in all areas, even though she thought i was one of the best shes seen.....Well at least its over and done with for until the next time

No you don't and not being part of one should not influence her decision.

This should be complained about at once, a phone call now to the complaints dept of whichever company inspected you, Prospects or Tribal if you don't have the no Ofsted will give it to you. She has pre judged you because you are a childminder not a nursery and she has no place to do that. Quite apart from the fact that what she has said is a load of rubbish anyway. The thing is the more of us that complain about these stupid inspectors the quicker Ofsted will do something but they can't unless we complain and complain in writing.

Well done for the good but it sounds as if you should have had a few outstandings as well.

JCrakers
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
No you don't and not being part of one should not influence her decision.

This should be complained about at once, a phone call now to the complaints dept of whichever company inspected you, Prospects or Tribal if you don't have the no Ofsted will give it to you. She has pre judged you because you are a childminder not a nursery and she has no place to do that. Quite apart from the fact that what she has said is a load of rubbish anyway. The thing is the more of us that complain about these stupid inspectors the quicker Ofsted will do something but they can't unless we complain and complain in writing.

Well done for the good but it sounds as if you should have had a few outstandings as well.

I do honestly think I have missed out...I dont like to blow my own trumpet but I feel I have worked very hard. To be told that childminders dont get outstanding has made me think...

She was a lovely person, so calm and freindly but when she said to me 'you are the best ive seen' I was dissapointed with good in all areas.

I would like to complain but dont really know what to say

sarah707
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
What a load of tosh! Lots of childminders have outstanding - I strongly advise you to follow Rickysmith's advice.

Well done getting through your inspection - be proud! :clapping:

rickysmiths
09-03-2012, 02:40 PM
I do honestly think I have missed out...I dont like to blow my own trumpet but I feel I have worked very hard. To be told that childminders dont get outstanding has made me think...

She was a lovely person, so calm and freindly but when she said to me 'you are the best ive seen' I was dissapointed with good in all areas.

I would like to complain but dont really know what to say

First of all forget the 'she was a lovely lady' She was not! You ring up and explain that you have just been inspected and you are very unhappy about some comments made by the inspector tell them the ones about being marked down for not being part of a network, she can't do that because you are not required to be part of one. Also that she said she had never known a cm get an outstanding because they aren't like nurseries. Again she can't say that there are hundreds of cms with Outstanding grades and you will see lots on the forum. I have good with some outstandings and have done for the last two inspections. You must tell the inspection company about this inspector because she is wrong. They will then tell you how to proceed with your complaint.

JCrakers
09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Ive rang and left a message with someone. Someone has rang me back but I was own at preschool run so Im going to ring them back soon after mindee has gone home at 3.40pm

I relly dont understand her way of thinking because she couldnt think of any recommendations to put on my report other than keep up with what you are doing.
I dont know a lot of other childminders and the group I used to go to wasnt supportive, i told her that. I also told her about this forum and all the info I get off it, but I dont see how that should go against me. Also I know I havnt gone on any courses but they are never at a good time. With my NNEB behind me, i have all the knowledge about childcare I need and regulary keep up to scratch on here

angeldelight
09-03-2012, 03:54 PM
What a load of tosh! Lots of childminders have outstanding - I strongly advise you to follow Rickysmith's advice.

Well done getting through your inspection - be proud! :clapping:

I agree

But you still did really well so give yourself a pat on the back

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Still I hope you get it sorted

Angel xx

Joda
09-03-2012, 04:03 PM
The statement she made about Childminders not getting outstanding is rubbish! I've had my inspection today and recived an outstanding overall and in all areas! Obviously all inspectors are different and it really does sound like you deserve a higher grade.

JCrakers
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I rang and spoke to the head of dept. and she said wait until your report comes back and go from there. She has spoken to the inspector who has denied saying it...her word against mine :angry:

At the mo I will try and stay poitive as I do know that Good is fantastic. I recieved a good last time and was more than happy with that :D, but being that I have improved so much and worked my ass off along with the comments she made, thats what has started me off :angry:

xx

Tatjana
12-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Well done on your GOOD grading!:thumbsup:

But I'm really peeved on your behalf at her comments, what utter tripe :angry: