PDA

View Full Version : carte d'or icecream..a business expense

dette
08-03-2012, 03:48 PM
I have descovered that the empty tubs of carte d'or icecream make really great storage tubs for pens,crayons,scissors etc..they stack nicely and aren't flimsy.So.....as purpose made storage is soooo expensive i wondered if we could all buy the icecream but somehow empty the icecream from the tubs and reuse them as ..storage.Legitimate expence or not ???

cara1235
08-03-2012, 03:53 PM
In my eyes that is a definate YES :clapping::clapping:

WibbleWobble
08-03-2012, 04:05 PM
deffo yes....

same with any packaging "which will come handy one day" that contains anything nice and not at all good for you!

mandy xxxx

JulieA
08-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Absolutely! Although Mr Anchovy will probably not hold the same view, but that's only cos he is a man!

cabby
08-03-2012, 04:15 PM
can empty wine bottles be used for anything :idea::idea::idea:

Carol M
08-03-2012, 04:32 PM
OOooo I will have to try those storage tubs.
Very reasonably priced in Tesco :D
Carol xx

miffy
08-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Absolutely! Although Mr Anchovy will probably not hold the same view, but that's only cos he is a man!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Definitely my kind of storage!:D

Miffy xx

jumping j
08-03-2012, 04:44 PM
on that note can we also claim for all the boxes of chocolates I 'had' to eat so the children could make pretend chocolates from playdough and put them in real trays and boxes :laughing::laughing::laughing:

miffy
08-03-2012, 04:50 PM
on that note can we also claim for all the boxes of chocolates I 'had' to eat so the children could make pretend chocolates from playdough and put them in real trays and boxes :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Another good idea - I can feel a shopping trip to stock up on resources will be needed! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
08-03-2012, 05:17 PM
You have to supply the chocolates and ice cream to the children first and claim the expense and the use of the storage is a bonus!

catminder
08-03-2012, 05:28 PM
Yes, of course :laughing:

catminder
08-03-2012, 05:29 PM
You have to supply the chocolates and ice cream to the children first and claim the expense and the use of the storage is a bonus!

Yes, of course :laughing:

The Juggler
08-03-2012, 05:50 PM

what if we supply them for the children but we 'share' the ice cream ;):blush::laughing::laughing:

mama2three
08-03-2012, 05:52 PM
what if we supply them for the children but we 'share' the ice cream ;):blush::laughing::laughing:

then as long as we link it to EYFS , being a positive role model and PSED - sharing and turn taking - its educational and claimable!

jumping j
08-03-2012, 06:18 PM
and don't forget to do the next steps...sharing sweets :laughing::laughing:

Linda Mc
08-03-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm sure I could think of something! :ROFL1:

MrAnchovy
08-03-2012, 06:32 PM

:laughing: you obviously haven't seen my waistline :(

onceinabluemoon
08-03-2012, 06:37 PM
fab idea methinks, not sure the tax man would agree but hey... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

JulieA
08-03-2012, 06:54 PM
And of course the double cream so I can use the clear plastic lids for stained glass window decorations, the tubes of Pringles so we can make rainmakers.....:blush:

dette
09-03-2012, 10:13 AM
so many great ideas :) dont forget those big tins that we all need.could just throw away all those un needed chocalates unless anyone can think of a use for them

clairelou
09-03-2012, 10:18 AM
excellent .....can i claim for a chinese meal every week as i use the clear boxes for storage ....:clapping::clapping: !!!!!!:jump for joy:

jumping j
09-03-2012, 10:44 AM
just had a walk down to Asda and their storage tubs are only £2, so I got a few. Now what to do with the ice cream inside...:laughing::laughing:

dette
09-03-2012, 10:59 AM
just had a walk down to Asda and their storage tubs are only £2, so I got a few. Now what to do with the ice cream inside...:laughing::laughing:

i'll pop down for some now :)im sure ive got loads more things that i need to sort out and store..if i look hard enough.as for that useless icecream...just post it to me..i'll dispose of it..carefuly and i wont enjoy it ...at all..:laughing:

BucksCM
25-03-2012, 01:42 PM
excellent .....can i claim for a chinese meal every week as i use the clear boxes for storage ....:clapping::clapping: !!!!!!:jump for joy:

I have loads of these too...filled with all sorts of things...great, because the children can see what's inside them.

This thread has made me giggle this morning...thank you!

:laughing::laughing:

SandCastles
11-04-2012, 08:36 PM
I missed this thread last month, but have been giggling reading it. I'm off to iceland tomorrow to see what their prices are like. My freezer is sooooo small that most of it will defrost before I get chance to save it for the kiddies !!!

jumping j
12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I missed this thread last month, but have been giggling reading it. I'm off to iceland tomorrow to see what their prices are like. My freezer is sooooo small that most of it will defrost before I get chance to save it for the kiddies !!!

I got an extra freezer in the garage to store my tubs in, you never know when you'll need a few more!:laughing:

dette
10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
any ideas for haagen das tubs ???

aly
10-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I know this was posted a while ago, but I bought the silver foil cartons with lids in costco.......i bought the large and small when i do batch cooking.

Monkey1
11-05-2012, 05:46 AM

Outdoor musical instruments....fill with coloured water to different levels to create different notes:cool:

clairelou
11-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I know this was posted a while ago, but I bought the silver foil cartons with lids in costco.......i bought the large and small when i do batch cooking.

Sorry I meant for crafty bits and pieces, I have about 30 with different things in including glue, scissors, paint brushes and glue spreaders

lisa1968
14-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Oh my god!!!......I could write THOUSANDS off!!!!:laughing:

loocyloo
14-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Sorry I meant for crafty bits and pieces, I have about 30 with different things in including glue, scissors, paint brushes and glue spreaders

me too! DH despairs of me as i keep every container and lid as they are all so useful :D

ps, just had a look at your lovely cottage :D - i live in kirkby and often have visitors asking about cottages to stay in ;)