PDA

View Full Version : Help with NCMA contract for shift work

cas2805
08-03-2012, 11:18 AM
I have just taken on a newbie and they require shift work. They will take my spaces on my two free days and when more days become available they will take them but only when needed as Dad works a shift pattern.

I am happy for them to pay me just when I am required as I would like some time off during the day to study or paperwork, but not sure what to write on the contracts. Do I complete each day as 8-6 and write in the other comments box that this is for shift work and they must advise me at least 6 months in advance of which days and exact times are required?

Thanks for your help as always

miffy
08-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Are they paying the two days anyway or again just as and when?

If it's as and when then I would write the contract to say between the hours of x and x on (days) as and when required providing notice of xxxx is given.

I'd think about a minimum payment each week or you could find yourself in a position of having no income but having to be available just in case.

Review the contract when more days become available in case your circumstances have changed by then

Miffy xx

cas2805
10-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Thanks Miffy, yes as I thought then. But no I will only charge them for the days required. I have all my other spaces filled so do have a regular income, theirs is a bonus payment each month. It is a chance that I am taking to help with shift work but sometimes we have to make decisions that aren't always about the money. They seem a nice family and I really hope it works out. Though if you see me moaning on here in a couple of months then I give you permission to say
"I told you so!" :)