PDA

View Full Version : Widening Membership decision is now known

Penny1959
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
NCMA members the decision on if NCMA should widen membership is now availablein the members area of the NCMA website.

Please take a look as this will impact on all members to some extent in the future.

I am not going to comment further at the moment as I am considering my options and have a phone discussion booked with NCMA for Friday pm - so would be inappropriate to comment at the moment

Penny :)

loocyloo
07-03-2012, 02:44 PM
hmmmm, thank you x

Pipsqueak
07-03-2012, 02:50 PM
thank you for that

its a sad day though and I will be considering my options come renewal time. I firmly believed NCMA needed to get their own house in order before inviting everyone else in....

marian
07-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Just had a look - Hmmmmm -thanks Penny

no comment!

Marian x

Mouse
07-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I'll have a look later when i dig out my log in details, but I thiink I can guess the way it's gone :(

catminder
07-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Will have a look later. Thanks Penny

Blaze
07-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Thank Penny:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
07-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Thank you for posting that Penny. Not unexpected but very very sad. I think childminders will have less and less say as the other sectors are bigger and stronger.

They will take over the feedback and regional forums and conference now.

What ever is wrong with organisations like the pre school learning alliance etc for other areas of the sector? Will we be able to join them now?

PixiePetal
07-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks Penny - will take a look later. By other comments I don't think I will be too impressed :(

Penny1959
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Thank you for posting that Penny. Not unexpected but very very sad. I think childminders will have less and less say as the other sectors are bigger and stronger.

What ever is wrong with organisations like the pre school learning alliance etc for other areas of the sector? Will we be able to join them now?

RS - take a look at the survey results - I am not that good at maths - but see what you think.

And the pre school learning alliance - I am going to one of their meetings at end of month - booked place to build links between local PLA members and NCMA members - I may now have a few other questions to ask them.

And I did use to be a member of the local committee - as a childminder - and I did use to do training for them - so it is possible. The local childminding group that I chair is a member of PLA - we have our toddler group / soft play insurance with them.

Penny :)

Mouse
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
I've read it now & don't feel particularly reasured by their comments.

Basically, childminder & nanny membership doesn't bring in enough money, so they're opening it up to all early years childcare professionals.
But a lot of these other professionals think so little of childminders that I can't see many of them wanting to join our association as it stands :rolleyes:
So if NCMA want to encourage them to join, they're going to have to make it very attractive to them, and relevant to them...which makes it less relevant to childminders :(

kindredspirits
08-03-2012, 10:18 AM
perhaps NCMA shouldn't price themselves out of the market then they'd get a lot more childminders in!! :rolleyes:
I didn't renew my membership with them (or my insurance) because they were so much more expensive than MM and in this financial climate every penny counts - added to that the fact that a lot of reports from people on here have suggested that their legal advice is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot and many like me will be wondering where their money is spent.

catminder
08-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Anyone taking bets on how long it'll be before the NCMA renames itself :rolleyes:

Mouse
08-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Anyone taking bets on how long it'll be before the NCMA renames itself :rolleyes:

I guess it'll have to. What's the point of it being called a childminding association if it isn't :panic:

miffy
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM
No surprises there then :(

Very sad day for childminding I think.

Miffy xx

aly
08-03-2012, 11:56 AM
perhaps NCMA shouldn't price themselves out of the market then they'd get a lot more childminders in!! :rolleyes:
I didn't renew my membership with them (or my insurance) because they were so much more expensive than MM and in this financial climate every penny counts - added to that the fact that a lot of reports from people on here have suggested that their legal advice is about as helpful as a chocolate teapot and many like me will be wondering where their money is spent.
This is my thoughts too.....I do not know what it is about as I am no longer a member, but for the same reasons as you..I never got the help from my local D.O for ncma.....and we have just learnt that they have made our local D.o redundant as they are disbanding, but our early years are taking over the care of us and they realised that we had never had the support needed...

Obvioisuly they needed to learn from their existing customers!!

Suebb1
15-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Well Catminder you didn't have to wait long before you were answered ( re renaming and rebranding issue!!!!) They seem to be doing so many things too fast!!!
Let's hope they don't fall flat on their faces!!! x

jocdixon
15-03-2012, 05:21 PM

I agree with you, I think childminders have little enough input compared to the other sectors:(