PDA

View Full Version : Bank holidays

child_friendly
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Do you work bank holidays? If you do how much do you charge?
I am thinking of working them and just wondering how much i should be charging.

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
I am always available to work them. I charge double fee and triple fee for Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years day.

In 17 years I have only ever been asked to work on one Bank Holiday and that was a Boxing Day 7 years ago.

child_friendly
06-03-2012, 07:35 PM
What if a bank holiday was on a child's contracted day or what if a parent says their not paying a double fee?

catminder
06-03-2012, 07:36 PM
I've just been asked to work some bank holidays and not sure what to charge either so will be interested to see what the 'norm' is.

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
What if a bank holiday was on a child's contracted day or what if a parent says their not paying a double fee?

If a Bank Holiday falls on a contracted day and they don't come they pay normal fee. If they want to use the day they pay the fees as set out on their Contract which is what I put in my last post.

miffy
06-03-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't work Bank Holidays but if they fall on a contracted day I do charge for them at usual rate - the only exception is if I'm on holiday all week then I don't charge the BH either.

Miffy xx

jane5
06-03-2012, 08:43 PM
I charge the normal fee if the contracted day falls on a bank holiday and they dont come and if they wanted to come they would have to give me 4 weeks notice and its double fee.

I dont charge parents for the bank holiday if it is not on a contracted day if that is what you were asking

chez
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I dont charge for bank hols but I also dont work them.

I may be able to work some bank holidays and parents are expected to request this and pay £5 per hour

cathtee
08-03-2012, 09:49 PM
I charge for Bank Holidays as majority of parents have the day off themselves, so wouldn't be sending the child anyway, but I don't charge for Xmas day boxing day and new years day as I want these days off for myself, and wouldn't be available on these days,