PDA

View Full Version : fed up, now signing on...

lucyD
06-03-2012, 05:32 PM
left my job after my maternity to do childminding, but hd 6 enquiries but still no mindees, all6 were just for odd hrs & school runs as well. Had to sign on as been so long since I earned any money. I am really down about it & was told demand was high in my area. Where are all the mums who want full-time or at lest 2 or 3 full days a week. Is anyone else in same situation, wanting to do it but no mindees?

Pixie dust
06-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I think a lot of us are struggling at the moment. I am the only childminder in my village, but it is sooo quiet at the moment. I just keep hoping something will be around the corner, Good luck I am sure things will pick up for your soon x

sarah707
06-03-2012, 05:59 PM
It can be really hard to get started... hopefully once one family finds you the others will come along too.

Have another bash at advertising and tell everyone you meet that you have spaces.

Hopefully it will pick up for you soon xx

catminder
06-03-2012, 06:12 PM
It can take time to get started but if it's what you really want to do it's well worth sticking at it. Good luck :thumbsup:

Tatjana
06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I registered in April and didn't get my first mindee until July. When I tried to start up again after maternity leave I started advertising in June and finally got my first mindee in October!!:eek:

It can take a while and I know how disheartening it can get...but don't give up, you will get a mindee at some point, hopefully sooner than later.:thumbsup:

CH1957
06-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I registered in October 2011 and got my first mindee in January for 2 short days a week, so I know how you are feeling. Its really worrying with no money coming in.
Im hoping things are picking up for me now as I took on a morning schoolie 2 weeks ago and this week 2 children who just need ad hoc care.

I'd love a full timer!! Hope it gets better for you.

miffy
06-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Really hope things pick up for you soon.

Miffy xx

lucyD
06-03-2012, 08:26 PM
thanks for your replies, I can see why people stay on benefits now!!! I need two decent mindees to make it worth my while. But I want to childmind more than anything, so really pray for some good enquiries soon. Feel awful to claim benefit but have now had 6 months with no pay...its hard. Was so excited back in Jan but its slowly ebbing away, as well as my confidence!! I know I need to keep on with it but I have done allsorts to advertise. I cant spend anymore money but hopefully there are parents out there somewhere & its just a matter of time. I dont even want many, 2 is fine 2-3 days a week & thats 1/2 the mortgage paid!! Sorry to ramble girls I just feel very down....chin up as they say...Thanks ;)

miffy
06-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Do you know any other childminders near you? They might pass on your details to prospective parents if they are full.

Miffy xx

Demonjill
06-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Just wanted to say fingers are x for you

Im sure things will pick up - it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Its just unfortunate thats all.

Im lucky enough to live in a new build and nearly every family that has moved in/is moving in has at least one kid or about to start their family!:thumbsup:
Can you target something similar in your area?

Once you get going its easier - at the nursery I am now quite well known again and actually enjoy going there - its like a step back in time as my own kids went there before school too.:D

mrs_scottydog
06-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Hoping that you get some more interest soon. Hx