PDA

View Full Version : Learning journeys

JCrakers
05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Quick question

Do ofsted look at all folders or just the children who are there on the day?

The reason I ask is mrs o may come on Friday and the 3yr old that ive had since 8m has a lovely bulging folder but she doesn't come on Fridays :(
The two children that do attend are 2day a week children. 1 started jan and the other started oct so they are not as 'fantastic' as the other because they haven't been here very long

moggy
05-03-2012, 01:15 PM
I say take control of your own inspection and show what you want to show (plus what inspector asks to see). It is your inspection, an opportunity to show what you do so be upfront, give the LJ to inspector and explain why you want to show it. If it is a current child it is relevant.

miffy
05-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Mrs O wanted first to see the lj's of the children who were there on the day but I put everyone's out and she did look through them all - I think she was looking at the different experiences offered to different age groups as I didn't have any babies there that day (both were ill) and she commented in the report about some of the things she'd seen in the lj's.

My advice is, if there is something you want the inspector to see then make sure you draw their attention to it, don't assume they will look at everything.

Miffy xx

JCrakers
05-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Good. I'm quite proud of it...:D
I shall make sure it's on top and may even open it for her/him

miffy
05-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Good. I'm quite proud of it...:D
I shall make sure it's on top and may even open it for her/him

I would just say to the inspector that you've included xxx lj because you have cared for him since xx and it contains the most evidence of how you work, obs, assessments etc.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
05-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I only had limited LJs for my inspection of children who had not been with me very long and were both 18mths to 2 years old.

The Inspector asked a lot of questions about the range of activities I offer. I was able to show her a photograph album which showed children of all ages taking part in a wide variety of activities and outings. I also had a digital frame on all the time and I have two muli frames in my hall above the childrens hooks which show what they have been doing and I update this regularly so the children can share them with their parents. I find even the 14 mth old will point to his pictures.