PDA

View Full Version : Bit new to all this!!

stargazer1
04-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Hi, I'm just starting up. Have been offered a brand new outdoor playhouse from a friend for £60. How do I stand expenses wise? Can I put it as an expense when I won't have a receipt for it?

Zoomie
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Ask your friend to write you a receipt.

Posy
04-03-2012, 09:32 PM
I agree with Zoomie - if you would like to put it as an expense you will need a receipt as it is over £10 in value!

PS - am quite jealous, I am looking for a playhouse at the mo and £60 is a bargain!

MrAnchovy
05-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Yes, get her to write you a receipt. Note that you do not have to have a receipt to claim an expense over £10, but if you are inspected you will have to come up with some evidence, or at least a convincing argument for the amount you paid. If you routinely record expenses (over £10) with no receipts where you could reasonably have obtained a receipt you could be fined for keeping inadequate records.

stargazer1
05-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Thanks for your replies, I will ask her to write me a receipt. I agree Posy, its a bargain. Ive seen so many more expensive and then my friend said there was one at her mothers still in the box that they had never put up. Yay!! x