PDA

View Full Version : Meals how much???

ellae
03-03-2012, 09:09 AM
I have a parent that has asked if I would provide a hot meal for lunch, which is fine as I have to do this for my own child who is the same age as my mindee. Im not sure how much to charge, as I will already be cooking the meals, however I dont want to sell myself short . Also currently the parent supplies the snack, shall I just say that I will do snacks and meal in one price?

Tatjana
03-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi, my meals and snacks are included in my fees, but for my accounts I put £1.50 for lunch and £1 for snacks.

hth

TinyTinker
04-03-2012, 08:13 PM
all snacks and meals are included in hourly rate for me too - but I know a cm near me who charges £2 per meal:eek:

I give breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, dinner and put £3 per child per day for meals on my accounts;)

kellib
04-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Meals and snacks are included in my £4 fee, for expenses I put through £1 a meal and 50p per snack.

flowerpots
04-03-2012, 08:15 PM
all snacks and meals are included in hourly rate for me too - but I know a cm near me who charges £2 per meal:eek:

I give breakfast, am snack, lunch, pm snack, dinner and put £3 per child per day for meals on my accounts;)

I do this and put £2.50 per child through my accounts. :D

Monkey26
04-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I charge an hourly rate of £4.25

Breakfast is included free for those arriving before 08.00am

Hot lunches are provided for all children at a cost of £1.50 per child per day

Evening meals are available upon parent request at £2.00 per child under 5, £2.50 per child over 5 years

Snacks, water and milk are provided free of charge

Xx

miffy
04-03-2012, 09:09 PM
If you know any childminders in your area you could ask what they charge or even base it on the cost of a school lunch.

Miffy xx

tess1981
04-03-2012, 10:42 PM
All meals and snacks are included in my price... i claim it back on tax returns parents can pay enough for childcare sometimes and this gives you an edge over some other cm's:)

ziggy
05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I include breakfast (not often required) snacks, drinks and tea (usually something on toast) in my fee. i now ask parents to provide packed lunch or something i can re-heat. If i was asked to cook a lunch i would probably base it on cost of school lunch

Chatterbox Childcare
05-03-2012, 02:00 PM
When parents start with me I ask whether they want food or not. My hourly or session rate is calculated plus the cost of £2.50 per meal and then it is all put down as my charge and not split up.

As to my expenses I claim by receipt rather than per meal as prices shot up last year and I was running at a loss for meals

Bluebell
11-03-2012, 02:36 PM

Do you think £2 is too much for a hot meal? I charge .50p for breakfast, £1.00 for lunch and £2.00 for an evening meal. I expect parents to provide breakfast and lunch but am prepared to supply it if they wish. I have a 2 year old and this is the kind of thing she eats - a really big meal such as fish or cottage pie with potatoes, and 2 or 3 vegetables followed with a pudding with custard, followed by fruit, followed by yoghurt, followed by crisps that her mum had sent with her, followed by biscuits because at this point I couldn't think of anything else to give her! This is on top of a meal that is a huge portion (bigger than my 2 boys put together who are 6 and 4) and having seconds. I can't believe that she eats so much tbh but she is perhaps having a growth spurt. It costs more than £2.00 to have school dinners so I don't think its unreasonable. No parents take me up on the breakfast or lunch but as I provide snacks I often end up giving a child cereal or toast in the morning if they have an early start and are hungry. My hourly rate is £3.50 so I hope I'm not charging too much for meals - but I definitely don't want to be out of pocket although I think with this 2 year old I will soon be eaten out of house and home anyway!

singingcactus
11-03-2012, 05:16 PM
I provide a main meal for £1. This is for young children so meals are small. If I was providing for a school age child then I would probably charge more. I charge 50p for a snack, cos at this house a snack really is a snack - around 50-100 calories so a small bite and not pricey.

ellae
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks for your replies. I am now just struggling of things I can do for lunch, my mindee is quite fussy.