PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for anybody using NCMS Accounts Book

swanswell
02-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Hi, I have just secured a mindee this week so am trying to get on top of things and start filling in my accounts book. I have a number of things that I have spent long before starting this week, i.e. Enrollment costs, joining EY register, bits for things I had to do in the garden, NCMA membership. Question is can I still claim for all of these and do I just fill in them for the relevant weeks/months in the accounts book? Just wondering as this is going back to July last year and will fill up a few pages with not much in them. Sorry but I hope this makes sense! Any help/advice gratefully received. Thx

catminder
02-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes, I would write them down in your accounts book in the relevant week. Also, of course, don't forget to keep all the receipts :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
02-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I have always used the NCMA account book.

It is set up for 12 months so can I make a suggestion.

I would photocopy 2 x a months worth of pages.

Use one set for your set up costs and the other set for March.

Then start using you actual book in April. This way your book will cover the Tax year for you. :thumbsup:

Linda Mc
02-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I'm new to this as I was just registered in Sept last year, right or wrong I put any costs incurred whenever I spent money ie first aid course, fire blanket, first aid box etc in my accounts book depending what month it was that I bought them.

Then as soon as I started minding, when I knew the age of my mindees & what I'd need for them ie stairgates, baby monitors etc I put down in the month I bought them,

Hope that makes sense! :laughing: