PDA

View Full Version : Do you keep 'Treasure Chests' for your children

clorogue
02-03-2012, 01:46 PM
I have 3 children and am having a clearout. I have two large boxes each with things like first drawings, pottery, first shoes, cards, hair clipping, favourite cuddly toys, special ornaments in - I am finding it so hard to throw some things away although so much has gone already throughout the years.

Do you find it hard to get rid of things like that or will you keep them forever! I am so sentimental too and it is part of their history and who they are but I can't keep everything, besides my husband has got to lift them into the loft - next stage!

Pixie dust
02-03-2012, 02:01 PM
My two have a special box with their bits and pieces in including their little baby grow, first shoes, birthday cards etc. I don't think I would ever be able to part with the boxes .

sarah707
02-03-2012, 02:13 PM
I have a box for each of my children and I would hate to get rid of it - so many lovely memories.

When I cleared out the loft for a conversion a few years ago the boxes were some of the few things I re-homed.

Not sure what they are any use for but I like them! :D

Linda Mc
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I have a son of 12 & a daughter of 6 & I find it hard to throw anything away :blush:
My hubby is not happy because everything ends up in the loft!

I can't bring myself to throw away all the memories, I'd like to be able to show them things they did as babies/toddlers/school age children that otherwise they probably would have forgot.

I even got upset because I couldn't keep my daughters space model, it was huge & kept falling to pieces!

Sorry if it was me I'd keep EVERYTHING! :laughing: