PDA

View Full Version : Groupon?

cherry
02-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Has anyone bought from Groupon and did the transaction go ok?

There's an offer today which I'm interested in but I'm a bit wary of buying from this sort of website and wondered if anyone has and if it went ok?

sarah707
02-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I have bought a few things from Groupon and they have been absolutely fine.

There are some stories out there of products not arriving when companies get over subscribed but I've not had that happen.

You get a confirmation email on the day and a voucher which follows so you can order the product.

I've used Social Living as well for a few meals out and they've been good too.

Hth :D

FussyElmo
02-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I have used them too with no problems :thumbsup:

miffy
02-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I have used them a couple of times, mainly for hotel breaks.

The last time I used them the hotel couldn't fit me in when I wanted to go and only offered me either the next day or a Monday the following week. I asked Groupon for a refund which they were happy to do provided I got confirmation from the hotel that they couldn't accomodate me.

But the hotel wouldn't provide confirmation they just wouldn't answer emails and if I telephoned they said they would only deal with an email request which they ignored.

Groupon refused to step in and contact the hotel (at one point Groupon advised me that they'd phoned the hotel to check the lines were working and told me to ring the hotel again :rolleyes:) and said they couldn't issue a refund without the written confirmation.

It took me a long while and lots of complaints to Groupon before I got my money back and I would be reluctant to use them again.

Sorry wasn't meant to be a long story but just be aware if things go wrong then Groupon customer services aren't very good!

Miffy xx

Storks
02-03-2012, 09:57 AM
No problems here, however i always call the company first to check availability for when we want to go (hotels)

Other than that all good!

angeldelight
02-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I have not used them but Miffy's story sounds a nightmare

I have used social living for cinema tickets and meals and never had any problem with them

Angel xx

Carol M
02-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I have used Groupon and kgbdeals with no problem but wouldn't feel happy for higher value deals!
Carol xx

cherry
02-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks for your replies, it's just a small rug cleaner I want and the offer seems quite good.

brightstar
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I bought a Groupon for a £99 ride in car last October, also paid £16.50 delivery, the company couldn't supply it, so groupon sorted another company out, so I had to pay another £16.50 delivery. The car came 2 days before christmas. Was worried I would have to get an alternative present if it didn't arrive. I had trouble getting my 1st delivery charge back. Fired off loads of stroppy emails, in the end Groupon misunderstood what I was asking for ( £16.50) and refunded £99, which I quite happily accepted :blush:. The £16.50 actually appeared in my bank account in February:panic:I would never use Groupn again, its just not worth the stress.

The Juggler
02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
i've bought loads and from KGB. Just need to read the smallprint i.e. the 'valid for' period they can be really short or up to a year and you need to read the restrictions i.e. some restaurant/hotels won't offer saturdays etc.

they are brilliant, have saved me an absolute fortune:thumbsup:

Jiorjiina
02-03-2012, 03:00 PM
My mum got some earrings off there, and had no problems at at all. It took a while to arrive, due to the number of people who took up the offer but otherwise it was fine.