PDA

View Full Version : LJ help....please....pretty please....

pickles_mum
01-03-2012, 10:23 PM
I am a newly registered childminder and am really trying to get myself sorted, but am just getting myself in a bit of a muddle regarding the LJ's.

I have 2 children after school (reception) and have been taking photos and notes of the activties and things we have done, and kept examples of their 'work' that they have done with me, but now i really need to start putting it all into some sort of order!!!

Weirdly, it seems the sticking it in bit is where i am having problems!!!

The "starting points" that people keep mentioning - can someone explain this more clearly to me please?

Also i was then going to do the following....

*add photos of them and descriptions of what they were doing
*the on coloured post its add where some of the activities link to the EYFS
*then also add "wow" statements at random points when they do something well
*examples of their work
*observations every 4/6 weeks of a particular activity including what they have done, adult help, links to eyfs and next steps

Should i be doing anything else? Should i be including next steps more often??

I am getting in a right muddle, so would appreciate any help or advice so I can be the best childminder I can be :D

Helen
x x x

Mcgons
02-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi, what you're doing sounds fine to me.

Starting points are what the child can already do and what they are interested in before they start with you and are recorded so you have some info to begin to plan activities/resources for them. I get the parent to fill in an all about me form before they start.

For my reception child, as he's only with me 2 days for 2 hours a day, I have written our routine and linked that to EYFS then have photos, artwork etc after that.

Hope that helps a bit. :)