PDA

View Full Version : Before and after school

Kittycat
01-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Do u charge for school holidays summer, easter etc
I have a lady wanting before and after school term time, thats fine however, im wondering because i cant fill that space during the holidays do i still charge her the normal mthly fees??

it is my business and my living and i couldnt possably afford to lose this type of money expecially the long 6 week holidays, help

Mouse
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Why couldn't you fill the space in the holidays? You could advertise it as holiday only care.

Personally, if a parent asks for a term time only contract, that is what I give them. I don't ask for a retainer through the holidays as they've told me they don't want the space then. I only charge for the term times.

If you did decide to continue your charges through the holidays you would have to make sure the space was available. If they wanted to the parents could bring their child to you for those hours throughout the hols (although it's unlikely they would!)

DCS
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Do u charge for school holidays summer, easter etc
I have a lady wanting before and after school term time, thats fine however, im wondering because i cant fill that space during the holidays do i still charge her the normal mthly fees??

it is my business and my living and i couldnt possably afford to lose this type of money expecially the long 6 week holidays, help

Do whats best for you hun. If the parent signs your contract they are bound by your terms.

Loushah
01-03-2012, 11:36 PM
I would personally offer term time only contracts as they may find another childminder who will do this, however, it is your business and you set your own fees.

As mentioned previous there is no reason why you can't fill the space during the holidays. I have more school children during the holidays then I have term time.

mrs robbie williams
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
I have a mindee who's mum is a teacher so we have a term time only contract, i dont charge her for school holidays, she is aware that if for some reason during the hols she wanted me i may not be available but if i was id be happy to take lo at her normal daily rate. If you dont offer term time another cm may and you will lose the contract. Coming up to school holidays advertise your available sessions, costs, activities you will be providing and im sure they will be taken xx

singingcactus
02-03-2012, 06:42 AM
If someone wanted term time only care then I'd offer them term time only contract. This means that they are not contracted during the holidays so don't have to pay me for care they are not asking for.

VeggieSausage
02-03-2012, 08:52 AM
I do term time only and don't charge in the holidays - I like some time with less children so it suits me. Also they do sometimes book them in for extra days so its seems to suit everyone :)

Xabien
04-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I would do a term time only contract.

At the moment, I offer TTO contracts or full year contracts. If a parent chooses TTO, then they will be expected to pay a slightly higher daily fee in the holidays for ad hoc care and no retainers are charged at all.