PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to carry on doing a H&S Checklist

juelmer
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm just about to print out another health and safety checklist when I wondered if we have to carry on doing these long term. Everything on my list (daily, weekly and monthly checks) I do automatically and it's starting to become very tedious ticking this sheet everyday. Would a weekly/ monthly checklist be good enough?

Thanks, Julie

miffy
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I do my checks everyday but I don't sign anything to say I've done them (but there are different opinions about this on the forum) - if anything is wrong I make a note about it and how I dealt with it.

Miffy xx

sarah707
01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I do them every single day and sign at the end of the month.

I tick to say done and make a note if anything changes.

It's the only way I have of proving they are done if I need to show evidence in the future.

Hth :D

happieuk
03-03-2012, 02:28 PM
I do a daily risk assessment every morning and afternoon but there are ticks on a laminated sheet which i photo copy and print out(might start scanning it in to my computer) as proof but if i notice a problem i log it and fix the problem or remove the problem
i risk assess every where i go with the children and have proof of the first visit (it is then classed safe unless some thing happens then i write it up and prove how i dealt with the matter)
and i do a full grounds check once a month with a list of things that need correcting

i wonder some times if i do to much but the little ones safety is very important to me

Jen