PDA

View Full Version : Help

EmmaReed84
01-03-2012, 09:57 AM
OMG It is DH's birthday TODAY and I knew it was coming obviously! But had planned to get his card yesterday, well I ended up with a day off and friend came round all day with her LO for a coffee... and well... Forgot :eek::blush:

Today I wished him Happy Birthday and acted like I had his card, but had something planned... Any ideas? He will be home at 6.30pm and some family will be visiting at 7.30pm.

So far I was thinking of baking him a nice cake, getting the kids to make cards, buy/make him a card from me, buy him a small gift from the kids (he has already had £150 worth of clothes and a guitar from me... although I won the guitar;)) I was also going to go to the butchers and buy a really nice steak and make his favourite dinner, steak, homemade chips, chopped tomatoes and onion rings.

But want to do something EXTRA special!

kindredspirits
01-03-2012, 09:59 AM
hmmm.... EXTRA special??? ;) I'd head for Ann Summers! lol (probably not whilst minding though!)
What about a workplace delivery of something - cake/cookies etc.

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2012, 10:04 AM
hmmm.... EXTRA special??? ;) I'd head for Ann Summers! lol (probably not whilst minding though!)

:thumbsup: :laughing:

EmmaReed84
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM

:laughing: The problem is I could buy something, but how will he see it with the light off?:rolleyes: :laughing:

I like the work place delievery, although I think he has actually bough a load of fairy cakes to take in.

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 10:07 AM
sounds like you've bought a bit already hon. I think a card and a lovely dinner would be nice.

what about a selection of speciality/round the world lagers :)

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
I think you have done enough too :thumbsup:

Nice dinner when the kids have gone to bed, bottle of wine, candles ;)

silvermist
01-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I think you have done enough too :thumbsup:

Nice dinner when the kids have gone to bed, bottle of wine, candles ;)

Sounds like the ideal pressie for any bloke that does ;) Id go with that Emma, you've already got him loads. :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
01-03-2012, 12:12 PM
It wasn't so much the "getting him more" just what I can do to make a fuss of him.

Just been to town and bought 30 Candles (he is 29) bought some card making things for he kids also a "Make your own photo frame" it was really cheap and had two in a pack so I will get the kids to do that, then put their pictures in each one.

I will have already eaten so I was thinking of making his favourite tea putting birthday confetti on the table with with all our cards and presents ready and displayed for him with a nice hot coffee.

I am making 29 cupcakes and putting a candle in each one, his family are coming round at 7.30pm so will do a "childrens style" happy birthday sing song lol :laughing:

I love making a fuss at birthday and xmas's I think that is why I am here to make a fuss of everyone :D

silvermist
01-03-2012, 12:30 PM
It wasn't so much the "getting him more" just what I can do to make a fuss of him.

Just been to town and bought 30 Candles (he is 29) bought some card making things for he kids also a "Make your own photo frame" it was really cheap and had two in a pack so I will get the kids to do that, then put their pictures in each one.

I will have already eaten so I was thinking of making his favourite tea putting birthday confetti on the table with with all our cards and presents ready and displayed for him with a nice hot coffee.

I am making 29 cupcakes and putting a candle in each one, his family are coming round at 7.30pm so will do a "childrens style" happy birthday sing song lol :laughing:

I love making a fuss at birthday and xmas's I think that is why I am here to make a fuss of everyone :D

:laughing: thats so funny! I like making a fuss too, one xmas I actually climbed onto the flat roof outside my sons bedroom window so I could shake my sleigh bells. His face was a picture! He only found out it was me at his 21st birthday:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::l aughing: have a lovely evening xxxxxxx

Becci26
01-03-2012, 12:57 PM

Great minds think alike kindred spirits!

charleyfarley
01-03-2012, 01:05 PM

I was thinking the same :laughing::laughing:

Have you any red ribbon? You could wrap yourself up:blush::thumbsup:, after the family have left of course

Whateverr you do I'm sure your hubby will love it all

Carol xx