PDA

View Full Version : Do you have Sky tv??

kindredspirits
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Are you still paying full price for it but outside of your initial 1 year contract??

Do what I do! lol
For the past year I have been ringing them up every 6 months asking the cancellation proceedure because its too expensive, not good value, slow broadband etc etc and I have not paid full price for the past year - the first time they offered me 6 months half price TV package (which reduced my bill by about £15 per month), then the 2nd time they offered me half price TV or a free HD box... I chose the half price again. I have just rang them again as my 6 months was up and they have given me free line rental for a year which is a discount of just under £12 a month.

You're mad not to - all I do is ask the cancellation proceedure and then they offer me their deal!! :thumbsup:

My bill this month is being reduced from £48 to £36 just by 1 phone call!!

LOOPYLISA
01-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Wow may get hubby to do this, we pay over £60 a month :eek:

I know years ago my ex and i were going to cancel and they offered free moves over xmas, will def look into this x

Gracie's mamma
01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
lol, i did this , i phoned told them i wanted to canel and they said ,ok and cancelled my agreement .
I shot myself in the foot really :panic:

charleyfarley
01-03-2012, 11:30 AM
lol, i did this , i phoned told them i wanted to canel and they said ,ok and cancelled my agreement .

Same here although we didn't actually get as far as it being cancelled, hubby was too scared to go through with it :panic:

We did do it with Talk Talk though when we told them we were leaving, they offered us a half price deal but we left them anyway :D

Carol xx

littletreasures
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM

That's what I'd be frightened of. I love my Sky TV too much for them to cancel

cabby
01-03-2012, 11:50 AM
haha i used to do that all the time when we was with them, its amazing what they give you to keep your custom!!!!

snufflepuff
01-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I have wanted to do this many times, but FIL tried it and they just said 'okay then' and cancelled it! I don't want them to do that to me!

kindredspirits
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
ahh - thats the trick though. You don't tell them you want to cancel - you ask them the proceedure for cancellation.
I said something along the lines of 'I'd like to know how I go about cancelling, how much notice I need to give and what happens about moving my broadband connection'. Then they usually ask you why you want to cancel - if you cite the cost they will do something to try to keep you. If they don't and you don't want to cancel just say thanks very much for the information, i will shop around and call again to confirm i am cancelling!!! :D