PDA

View Full Version : comments from home

claire & steve
29-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi, does anyone have a sheet or way that they put comments from home or things parents have said about child thanks

karensmart4
29-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I just write anything they have said onto an A4 sheet of paper and put it into their LJ.

If you wanted to you could just type up a heading;

Families comments...... Date;

If anyone comes up with anything better I might steal that ;)

EmmaReed84
29-02-2012, 05:49 PM
I have my scrapbook which I have all my obs, assessments, photos, notes etc about the children. When a child does something at home and parent tells me this goes in with a quote... ex On monday Mum came to drop off mindee and said "Oh F and a WOW moment at home, he went to bed without a dummy!" We talked abit more about it, but that was the quote I used.

I talk to parents every night about what the child has done as this parent doesn't want a "daily diary" as she said she wouldn't read it anyway so if parent says anything about the day or activity I jot it on a post it note and stick it in the scrapbook alongside the picture or observation. If there is no picture or ob I just write something up and put it in.

I have an assessment sheet which includes a parent comment section so anything they want to add they can. I also now have a section for "Playgroup comments" now that one mindee attends there 3 times a week