PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please help me :-S

Staceyleanne
28-02-2012, 10:44 AM
im pretty new to childminding, however i really need to terminate a contract and set the ball rolling today. there is nothing wrong with the timings of the contract or days, or the child for that matter. i just feel im too busy to suit her needs as the days she attends we are out in the car doing school runs. i have found an alternate childminder that lives a few doors down for me who would be happy to take her on. however i have no idea how to start the letter or what to put in it. terminating the contract is not for my benefit but for the childs, she needs more attention than i can currently give her. please someone help me out :-s

EmmaReed84
28-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I would verbally discuss this matter with the parent first, then hand the letter, so there are no surprises

Dear (parent)

As discussed, please accept this letter as formal notice to terminate our contract of agreement. As stated in the contract the notice period will be X weeks, the final day of care will be (date).

Please find attached details of (other childminders name) who may be able to accomodate your requirements.

Kind Regards

(your name)

I would prefer to talk to the parent and get my points across in a way I want them to be put across, just use the letter as a formality. Nothing more... explain the letter is just to formalise things, explain how much you think of the child and would love to keep her, but feel it is not in the best interest of the child

candy cat
28-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I personally would just mention you know of a few childminders who have vacancies and then it's up to parents to decide if they want their details.:)

Little Pickles
28-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Beware of confidentiality here... you don't want the parent to think that you had told the other childminder before you discussed with her and also did the parent ever give you permission to discuss her childcare needs with another childminder??
Just be careful she may feel sensitive after you tell her you are terminating the contract ( some people may take it personally although you don't mean it )
Good luck - I can understand why you need to do it