PDA

View Full Version : First ob need help.

Zumba-mum
27-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Can anyone help please. My ob is how j watched me put a ball into a giraffe's mouth which it then rolled down out onto feet, j then picked the ball up pushed it into the mouth watched it roll out and smiled at me and did it again two more time. J is 11month. Which areas does it lnke to i have looked and i'm finding it a little confusing, and how did i support child's learning. Hope i'm not coming across thick thou i think i am some time :blush:. Thanks for any help.

sarah707
27-02-2012, 07:19 PM
You supported his learning by playing alongside him and showing him how to use the toy.

He learned about cause and effect - that when he put the ball in one place it came out another.

If you are using a printed form and it doesn't make sense or asks questions you do not want to answer... make up your own!

Hth :D

VeggieSausage
27-02-2012, 08:27 PM
KUW - Exploration and Investigation - Learns by observation about actions and their effects. 0-11months....

PD - Using equipment and Materials, Imitates and improvises actions they have observed, such as clapping and waving. 8 - 20 months

could use these to link to your ob to - next steps could be something to do with balls, or shape sorter toy as he seemed to enjoy pushing the ball through space.....just an idea - you can link everything to virtually everything ....