PDA

View Full Version : Food and toys tax

sheila27
26-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi this may seem a bit daft but I'm trying to keep up with my tax monthly and I'm wondering do I put the whole cost of food down on my tax book or do I need to work out a percentage of the food I bought as I'm not sure if it's just the tax on food I buy that I can claim for? Do I need to do the same with food?

PixiePetal
26-02-2012, 03:20 PM
All food mindees are provided with is your food amount which you claim on

If you give them fish fingers, chips and peas - just a quick example - the price goes on your accounts. You have spent out on the food so it becomes an expense. Don't forget drinks and snacks too

There are different ways of claiming for meals. I worked out how much a few set meals cost, pricing each item and came up with an average amount spent on each lunch/dinner and claim that. Others do a percentage of total food receipt depending on how many mindees (which for me, working part time, is too complicated!)

Search the threads on here and you will find some ideas to put you on the right path

Not sure if that helps - I am not the best at explaining :o

Chatterbox Childcare
27-02-2012, 04:04 PM
You can claim per meal or by using your receipt. I use my receipt and take off personal items and divide the balance by mindees plus family to get a per head figure, I then multiply this figure by mindees