PDA

View Full Version : How do you relax?

loopyloopy
25-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Just lately I have found that I feel a bit lost and not sure what to do with myself. My DH works shifts which include nights, so last night dh went to work ds and dd went off to bed and I was bored and felt like I should be doing something. I managed to make a brew, bowl of museli and have a shower and thats it, but I felt really bored

How do you all relax and make the most of your own time?

mushpea
25-02-2012, 10:59 AM
the evenings I spend most of my time either on the computer or watch tv whilst cross stitching at the weekends my allotments my thing,, I'm sure if I were a bloke I would be over there all day sat an sun wearing a little flat cap:laughing:

crazyXstitcher
25-02-2012, 12:36 PM
I cross-stitch too. At the moment I'm working on a Mr Men/Little Miss Alphabet chart. I find it very relaxing.

Ripeberry
25-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I do art work and photo manipulation and post it on an art website. Quite fun to see what others have been doing on there as well. Much better than TV. Don't watch TV anymore, just use my imagination instead of vegetating :D
You can check it out on my 'Homepage' ;)

singingcactus
25-02-2012, 01:03 PM
I like to play mmprpg's. Also chat to my friends on facebook/twitter a lot. And have numerous animals to take care of and play with. I do read a lot of fiction and a lot of research materials too.

Other than that I am apparently a dolly daydream and wander off into my own little world.

nannysue
25-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I make cards ... its amazing how the time goes , i get so engrossed in it. I also love gardening i can be out there hours, what starts as a little gentle weeding/pruning usually turns into a full scale move around !!!!! :D

betty boop
25-02-2012, 01:20 PM
I tend to sit with a cuppa and go on lap top also like the pub;)

The Juggler
25-02-2012, 01:30 PM
out with the kids to the park or for a long walk or swimming, zumba (one evening and sat mornings), computer, tv, wine - I even just love wandering round Tesco by myself - peace and quiet - lovely :D

miss mopple
25-02-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm a cross stitcher too :thumbsup:Have 2 projects on the go at the minute, a large safari one and a traditional sampler for my sisters wedding

I also enjoy:

reading
card making
facebooking
decopatch
walking my dogs
jigsaw puzzles

PixiePetal
25-02-2012, 04:20 PM
facebook games
cardmaking
started crocheting granny squares :) well i have made 4 - got a long way to go for a blanket
reading novels
tv
baking
reading recipe books
geocaching

then there is always ironing/tidying but i never have much time tor those!:laughing:

Toothfairy
25-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I chop and change depending on my mood.
At the moment im into cross stich again.
Im in the middle of a large 27 x 37 picture of a 1920's art deco lady, which i hope to have ready as a prezzie for my mum for mothers day.

jadavi
25-02-2012, 04:44 PM
you're all so good doing old fashioned crafts..maybe I'll get back to those one day.
At the moment I jump between this forum and ebay - one inspires the other!

miss mopple
25-02-2012, 04:50 PM
ooh forgot to add Pinterest. Spend hours browsing on there :)

PixiePetal
25-02-2012, 04:51 PM
ooh forgot to add Pinterest. Spend hours browsing on there :)

was going to add that - just registered and nip on every now and then :)

miss mopple
25-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Its so addictive isn't it! I can lose hours of my life looking at all the beautiful things :D

uf353432
25-02-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm with you on 'feeling lost' I have so much to do right now that I find I can never switch off, never relax, the pile of things to do never goes down and I spend hours doing nothing much of any merit because I can't find the enthusiasm to do the things I really want to and then berate myself for not doing them. *sigh* then other days I can be very productive indeed! I wish I could bottle the energy I have on days like that - it would certainly help me when I am in a funk!

loocyloo
25-02-2012, 04:59 PM
i read, and read, and read

and sing with church choir, so usually have something i need to practice ( but generally only do so when on my own in the house or with LOs ;))

i like sewing & knitting, but never seem to get round to them at the moment.

i like baking

chat on phone/email/text to friends scattered around the country

and currently seem to spend all my spare time sorting out LJs :rolleyes: ( but in a mad sort of way, i enjoy it and like spending time on them, when i get into them! )

i did tap dance, but can't find a local adult class :( will start running again once i get the motivation ( & energy !!! ) back!

oh, and when i can, i like to get out geocaching.

mushpea
25-02-2012, 07:04 PM
I cross-stitch too. At the moment I'm working on a Mr Men/Little Miss Alphabet chart. I find it very relaxing.

ooh where did you get the pattern for this if you dont mind me asking

jadavi
25-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I hardly dare to ask but what is pinterest?

miss mopple
25-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Pinterest is a big virtual pinboard site. You can pin things you find on the net, and follow what others are pinning

www.pinterest.com

Its so much fun!

Mcgons
25-02-2012, 09:12 PM
facebook games
cardmaking
started crocheting granny squares :) well i have made 4 - got a long way to go for a blanket
reading novels
tv
baking
reading recipe books
geocaching

then there is always ironing/tidying but i never have much time tor those!:laughing:

One of my goals for this year was to learn to crochet and crochet a blanket using granny squares.....not started yet!

I also like scrapbooking, reading crafty blogs and I've been seeing lots of them on pinterest so may get hooked on that too!

PixiePetal
25-02-2012, 09:33 PM
One of my goals for this year was to learn to crochet and crochet a blanket using granny squares.....not started yet!

I also like scrapbooking, reading crafty blogs and I've been seeing lots of them on pinterest so may get hooked on that too!

I bought a magazine which came with a hook and some wool to show me how and start me off. Has knitting in it too but I am hopeless at that :laughing:

zillervalley
25-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I am a Brownie leader, which takes up most of my time,

on the computer
having a long soak in the bath with bubbles and candles on

Happy Bunny
25-02-2012, 10:26 PM
I have just taken up knitting LOL
So far have done 2 babies bonnets and a scarf.
Must admit to being a bit of a bookworm so the rest of my spare time is taken up by reading.

Toothfairy
26-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Pinterest is a big virtual pinboard site. You can pin things you find on the net, and follow what others are pinning

www.pinterest.com

Its so much fun!

I love this site - some fab photo's :thumbsup:

primula
26-02-2012, 10:54 PM
I like making things too, knitting, sewing etc just made a couple of 'nappies' for the dolls! but my 50 year old sewing machine giave up the ghost! I like to paint and walk the dog and I could spend days in the garden. Isnt it funny how we seem to have very similar hobbies/pastimes, Is it because we are childminders or are we childminders because we are creative?!

EmmaReed84
28-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I like to do lots of things... actually getting to do them is a different story lol!

*Baking (cakes and especially cake pops but they take time to do)
*Making nappy cakes (only do this when friends/family are pregnant or I get an order)
*Play scrabble on FB
*Looking on this forum
*Catching up on TV programmes I have missed
*Playing Monopoly on the Wii
*Watching a film
*Looking through my millions of photos on the comp of my kids.
*Call my Mum or Sister for a chat (both live 180 miles away :()