PDA

View Full Version : 2 under 1 query

sarahjane
24-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Could someone please tell me if once you have a variation for 2 under 1's it stays regardless of the 2 children or do you have to ask for a different variation if the children change
Thanks

Goatgirl
24-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I was just granted a variation for 2 under ones and was told at my variation 'inspection' that it would be permanent once granted. I also was granted a variation for 4 under 5's but this part only applies to children named in the variation application...

Not sure if its always the case, but that was the way my inspector was saying it to me. I didn't at any time ask for it to be permanent, just assumed it would expire when the oldest of the 2 babies turned 1 yr: it just appeard on my new certificate as a permanent condition.

You can always ask Ofsted :thumbsup:

good luck :)

sarahjane
24-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok thanks, it's not for me although I have this on my certificate, I was asking on behalf of someone else :)

stardust
24-02-2012, 10:32 PM
I was just granted a variation for 2 under ones and was told at my variation 'inspection' that it would be permanent once granted. I also was granted a variation for 4 under 5's but this part only applies to children named in the variation application...

Not sure if its always the case, but that was the way my inspector was saying it to me. I didn't at any time ask for it to be permanent, just assumed it would expire when the oldest of the 2 babies turned 1 yr: it just appeard on my new certificate as a permanent condition.

You can always ask Ofsted :thumbsup:

good luck :)

The 2 under 1's is permanent because they have decided that you are able to cope with 2 under 1's as you had to give examples of how you would deal with it ect and once they grant it you then have experience so to speak.

The 4 under 3 years is only done for continuity of care for that particular child so it only applies to that child and is not transferable xx

miffy
24-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Once granted permission for two under one's remains on your certificate and you don't have to apply again.

Miffy xx