PDA

View Full Version : 9 seater...struggling with car insurance :-(

Loushah
24-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi....I am going to pick up a 9 seater Mercedes Vito Sunday but I am having trouble getting car insurance. Most companies are saying it is a commercial vehicle so need commercial vehicle insurance, some will insure me for Personal use but not business use.

I looked at commercial car insurance on comparethemarket.com for commercial quotes and after putting in all my details it came up with no results.

I would really be grateful for some advice, need to sort this today as on course all day tomorrow and most insurance companies are closed Sundays....feeling very stressed right now....please help!

nipper
24-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry can't help but just wanted to say how envious I am of you...:laughing:

dette
24-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I drive a 9 seater nissan serena...never had any trouble with insuance.Went through motorminder NCMA years ago but they brokered me out to Bluefin insurance..Our other wheels is a big yellow school bus ...dead cool :):)

Loushah
24-02-2012, 06:00 PM
I drive a 9 seater nissan serena...never had any trouble with insuance.Went through motorminder NCMA years ago but they brokered me out to Bluefin insurance..Our other wheels is a big yellow school bus ...dead cool :):)

Thank you...I have requested a quote through bluefin...fingers crossed they will insure me and it's not too expensive.

Do you use bluefin now?

Twinkles
24-02-2012, 06:03 PM
We have a 9 seater van ( not as posh as a Mercedes though ;) ) we had no trouble insuring it. Not sure who it's with I'll ask DH when he gets home.

gazanne
24-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Hi we have a vito and we insured it through XYZ. Hope you get it sorted.

Loushah
24-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi we have a vito and we insured it through XYZ. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks...I have requested a quote from XYZ as well.

I think the main problem is that it has been registered as a van not a car, don't know is normal but car insurance sites don't recognise reg however, van insurance do recognise it but none give me any quotes based on the information I provide...all very confusing!!!

Twinkles - would be great if you could find out, really appreciate all your help!

Tam's Tribe
24-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi - I insure my 9 seater thru Inaurance Choice (business insurance) and they are competitive and QUICK!! Good luck!

sarah707
24-02-2012, 08:51 PM
We had our 8 seater with Morton Michel and it was an excellent quote.

Only trouble is they are not open at the weekend... can you delay the collection?

Enjoy your new car! :D

Twinkles
24-02-2012, 09:42 PM
DH says we're insured with ' YES'. Never heard of them myself but if he says so.......

Loushah
24-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Thank you all so much...eventually managed to get insurance sorted :clapping:

Twinkles
24-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Fab ! I love my van sooo much even though it's *whispers so she can't hear me* old and not pretty.

I had to use my Zafira for a couple of weeks and it made me realise just how much easier the van is.

Have fun !