PDA

View Full Version : I am feeling me being registered it will never happen

rachelmama
23-02-2012, 08:48 PM
hiya everyone

I am in south wales, and I thought that my reg forms were ready I took them in to the offices in merthyr, myself and I was then told the forms have changed since april last year, I wasnt told and have been working hard on the forms making sure itwas perfect and my policies,they have altered some things like you need your first aid training done before you put forms in only I have been booked to attend one for ages and no sign yet.

I feel I am getting no closer and Its getting to me :(

And certain checks on fire ,electric and stuff has to be done,I am so stressed at the moment, any advice please :thumbsup:

aly
23-02-2012, 09:31 PM
when did you start the process??

Yes the standards all lchnaged as of april last year so if you started after april you should have been told....if it was before then they again they should have said it was due to be.

where in south wales are you?

stargazer1
24-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Hey there. It is hugely frustrating but stick at it. Did you type your application? If so you can reprint it and just redo the new bits you need to do. I sat the ICP in May and we were told then that we had to do the first aid before our application went in, surely your NCMA contact should have made you aware of that. And yes, they want copies of safety checks etc prior to your application going in. I know its frustrating but these things have to be done anyway so think of it as more things ticked off the list. I managed to get a cancellation place on a first aid course, may be worth phoning the NCMA and seeing if they can get you on one urgently? x

rachelmama
28-02-2012, 09:04 PM
:thumbsup:thank you for replying

I am in bleanau gwent , and I started my reg before april last year, and no one told me about the changes I only found out when I handed in my reg forms.

But I have completed my new form just go to sort out the checks to be done and my name is on the next first aid course so that is good news.

how do i get all the checks done such as fire etc please do u have the numbers for people that can do this for me so i can get the ball rolling

thank you for advice :D

tulip0803
29-02-2012, 10:45 AM
For checks on your boiler nad fire you need to contact a heating engineer registered with OFTEC for oil and Corgi for gas. Anyone advertising to work on these appliances should be registered. When you call explain that you need the boiler/fire given a safety certificate as you are registering to be a childminder and they will bring the forms with them and issue them immediately.

rachelmama
29-02-2012, 05:27 PM
thank you so much for you reply,

do u haveany idea how much it may cost roughly please :)

tulip0803
05-03-2012, 12:44 AM
thank you so much for you reply,

do u haveany idea how much it may cost roughly please :)

It will depend on where you live and what heating system you have. If you have a gas fire as well as heating they will have to do both.

I paid £75 for my last oil boiler service I have sisnce found the man 100 yards down the road is doing it for £55:rolleyes:. Didn't know he was a boiler technician.

Best to ring around for a quote - they will ask you the make and model so take a look before you ring.

rachelmama
09-03-2012, 03:58 PM
It will depend on where you live and what heating system you have. If you have a gas fire as well as heating they will have to do both.

I paid £75 for my last oil boiler service I have sisnce found the man 100 yards down the road is doing it for £55:rolleyes:. Didn't know he was a boiler technician.

Best to ring around for a quote - they will ask you the make and model so take a look before you ring.

thank you so much for reply :thumbsup: