PDA

View Full Version : where to put paperwork very confused?

tash 1
23-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi all I have oganized filing so far:
Info booklet about my setting 4 parents
Risk assessments
Training,qualifications,certificates etc
Policies,permission forms
safer food book
Sarah's wonderful learning journey templates all printed in lever arch file easy to put together for LGs eg obs, individual planning etc
Books for daily diary
File 4 weekly stuff menu,weekly plans
File 4 monthly cleaning/equipment log
Newsletter,fire drill in separate file.Question is have Morton michel file and paperwork,do I file this paper work in the file provided eg attendance form accident form, receipts,accounts etc then copy in mindees file or use Morton michel file for templates file and have individual files eg accident book attendance book etc also do anyone use M.M attenance sheets as I have heard better 2 use individual sheets.Sorry for the waffle on...
Tashx

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Right.

My RA folder includes my Fire Drill info and record, a record of the dates the Fire Brigade have come and done checks and my Cleaning Schedule. It also has my insurance cert in, my household and car insurance/mot. My First Aid Cert. My food hygiene Cert. All my CRBs form other organizations I don't have one done by Ofsted I have been a CM too long, and those of my family. My assistants car insurance and First Aid Cert.

My Parent information folder has and bit about me and my setting and some photos of my setting. A copy of my Ofsted Report, latest cert, blanks of my contract, child info form, Consents and permissions form, Next of Kin form, Parential Responsibility form. A copy of all my Policies, Emergency Procedure and Complaints Procedure. A copy of my Pub Lib Ins and my First aid Cert. A leaflet about EYFS, a copy of the HSA info on infectious diseases and illness and a left about why to choose home based childcare.

I have a Training Folder with mine and my assistants certs and a log of all the training we have done and why, what we have gained from it and how it links to Eyfs , not that most parents are the slightest bit interested!

I have a parents feedback folder which has letters and cards from parents going back years.

I have an outing folder with leaflets and info about the places we go and I have photos of some of them in there. This is to show prospective parents and Ofsted like to see evidence of the range of activities you offer and this seemed a good way to do it.

I have the Safer food better business for childminders

I have never had a menu one. I put the weeks menu up on the board and then get rid of it but in the light of the new food guidelines I will be reviewing this and will have a folder with info and menus.

I have an Accident Incident Book (NCMA) and each child currently with me has their own section. When they leave me I remove their info and store it away in their file. Their file has their contract, child info form, signed permissions form and any other info about that child. I keep their LJ and development forms with this file as well and these are all kept in a table top metal file box which locks.

I use the NCMA Attendance Book It does have separate pages for each child and I prefer it that way as I record any days off the parents take, any of the childs days off because of sickness etc and I don't think it is any of the other parents business to be seeing this information, my parents sign each week.

I use the NCMA Accounts book and keep receipts in a monthly envelope. When I have done my end of year accounts these are then put in one envelope and stored with the accounts book and copy of the tax return.

I have a couple of Planning folders as well.

sarah707
23-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I have pretty much the same as Ricky! :D

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Great minds Sarah and as a result of some of your excellent e books :thumbsup:

sarah707
23-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Great minds Sarah and as a result of some of your excellent e books :thumbsup:

You are on form tonight! :D

rickysmiths
23-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Didn't clock our posts were so close together! Are you watching me????

tash 1
23-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys out to buy some more files.LOL
Tashx:)