PDA

View Full Version : First inspection help

Zumba-mum
23-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I've just go the call and i'm having my first inspection the end of March. What i need help on is i've only been minding since Jan so i'm doing the 6wk settling sheets so will only have about 3ish wk worth of obs to show didn't know if anyone can advice me on what to do so i can show more if you get what i mean, i don't wont to be under graded as i don't have much to show.

mama2three
23-02-2012, 01:16 PM
What is on a 6 week settling sheet?
If you have made notes about the child , what they have enjoyed , how they have settled . eaten , interacted ...this IS observation.
Your planning will be to offer x,y,z to help child settle..such as favourite toys , comforter from home , making a familiar faces book..whatever you are doing already!

JulieA
23-02-2012, 04:58 PM
I am a mentor to local childminders, and the local development officer will come to visit to help you too. Send me a private message with the area you live in Bristol and I'll see if I can help you out.

miffy
23-02-2012, 06:03 PM
i don't wont to be under graded as i don't have much to show.

It's not about how much paperwork you've got - as long as you can show where the child was in their development when they started with you and what you've done/are doing to move them on this is what the inspector will want to see.

Mama2three has given you some great pointers. Good luck

Miffy xx