PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma, what would you do?

MAWI
21-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi All

Last week I had 3 children who were coughing and spluttering all over the place. Mums as usual get them to soldier on and send them in. No matter how much I encourage hand washing, hands over mouths when coughing they obviously find kept difficult to remember.

Anyway, this week my DD 10, has been off and just taken her to Doctors and she has a chest Infection!!!

Worried about it spreading to the others, My instinct is to have a day to two off work but should I really when it s more than likely caused by the children last week? Also can treacly afford to.

What you do Guys think?

Feeling really down at the moment due to 3 nights of being up in the middle of the night with her! She 10, so infectin control is obviously a lot easier

~Chelle~
21-02-2012, 03:32 PM
See as your daughter had most likely picked it up from your mindees, I would give the parents the option of sending their child to you, at their own risk.

What is the betting that they will all still send their children to you! x

chez
21-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Mum used to stay open when we were this age and we would be expected to stay in our rooms while mindees where there. She would deliever food etc to us.

wendywu
21-02-2012, 04:57 PM
[
QUOTE=chez;1057920]Mum used to stay open when we were this age and we would be expected to stay in our rooms while mindees where there. She would deliever food etc to us.

[/QUOTE]

I used to do the same when my two were this age :)

2kidsunder5
21-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I agree with Chelle, explain to mum that your daughter is poorly, however you are still happy to have other children as it's only a chest infection (I don't mean that to sound like it does but I am sure you know what I mean).
At the end of the day if we closed for every cough and sneeze we would never be open and according to the guidance on infection control in schools and settings we don't exclude for chest infections.
After saying that your family comes first, so if your daughter is very poorly and needs you then you may have no other option but close.
Diane x

MAWI
21-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks everyone

Spoke to all parents and they all said they did not ind and would rather take the time off when their kids were ill, problem sorted.