PDA

View Full Version : Deposits

Belly2009
21-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi,

I have informed any new enquiries I require a 4 week deposit which I hold until the end of the contract to ensure I am paid for the 4 weeks notice period.

I have had a huge reaction to this! Am I right to ask for this or do other people do it differently. Im a newbie and dont want by fingers burnt!

Ta

The Juggler
21-02-2012, 01:11 PM
I'd say it's half and half on here. Some charge a deposit offset against first months fees and some until end of contract.

It's up to you hon. However, if parents are struggling to make first payment along with deposit you could ask them to pay a month's deposit up front to hold the space. Offset this against first months fees but then ask them to pay a bit extra each month after that until you have built up your end of contract deposit.

Sell it to them as a benefit, i.e. they will get a month where they won't have to pay should the contract end as they've already paid it :thumbsup:

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 01:13 PM
I do it this way I have had my fingers burnt once too often in the past with parents leaving and not paying last fees due.

I guess its a question of the majority having to pay the cost because of the minority.

Belly2009
21-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd quite happliy carry on. I had a "feeling" with this person so im sticking to my guns. She is taking her LO out of nursery immediately and refusing to pay their notice period. She happily said this to me so what would make her think i wouldnt take a deposit.

She is now saying she has cancelled nursery because she "liked" me and will need to look else where and ive left her without childcare. My reply was contracts have not been signed and therefore it was her decision to cancel her current arrangement.

Grrr!

Belly2009
21-02-2012, 01:47 PM
I do it this way I have had my fingers burnt once too often in the past with parents leaving and not paying last fees due.

I guess its a question of the majority having to pay the cost because of the minority.

What reaction do you get now? The way I would see it and Ive paid the deposits before for my own children, if you havent got an issue with not taking the child out and paying whats owed then those people are willing to pay it.