PDA

View Full Version : when do you file your return

adele1985
21-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Im planning to get mine filed sometime in April this year :)

I was working with another minder last year and we wernt very organised the accountant didnt file it until the end of last month :panic:

I started up on my own in april last year so have been doing my accounts on a monthly basis on a spreadsheet with all my incomings, outgoings and profits for each month so this year its all ready to go

I feel so much organised working by my self :D

Chatterbox Childcare
21-02-2012, 07:56 PM
If you have it ready for 5th april then lodge it. it doesn't make any difference to when your tax is due but at least you know when it has to be paid, how much and the satisfaction that it is done

Also if you pay on account and have less to pay then the July instalment will be reduced

nikki thomson
21-02-2012, 08:10 PM
31st jan, lol. I don't earn enough to pay tax so I usually forget until the last minute but all my accounts are up to date so it takes me about 5 mins on the computer to do it. X

rosebud
21-02-2012, 08:49 PM
June - July. Tax credits need my figures by end of July so I do it all at the same time and then I can forget about it. I got really confused when everyone was talking tax returns in January and couldn't work out why they were all doing it at the same time.

miffy
21-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I get later every year :rolleyes:

Hoping to get them in by the end of May but know that's highly unlikely! :laughing:

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I try to do mine before the end of June because like debbie said it can change the amount you pay at the end of July. Remember it can go up as well as down!!!

MrAnchovy
22-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I try to do mine before the end of June because like debbie said it can change the amount you pay at the end of July. Remember it can go up as well as down!!!

No it can't. If there is any more to pay then it is due by 31 January of the following year.

sarahjane
22-02-2012, 09:34 AM
I do mine asap in April so I can inform the tax credit people and get that all sorted, if I didn't have to do that I would probably be one of the 31st Jan bunch!