PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one?

mindingmummy
21-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Ok, Im starting to think I'm going mad...

I seem to be the only child minder I know in my area who enjoys the EYFS.

Im sat here now while the babies sleep updating my 'next steps' sheets and looking at their progress and find it all very interesting :-)

Does anyone else enjoy it like I do??

wendywu
21-02-2012, 12:12 PM
No sorry i certainly dont.

Love my daily dairies full of fun photos of them, and bus tickets of the trips we have taken and the toddler groups news letters.

But the EYFS yuck !

flowerpots
21-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I think parts of the EYFS are fab! but im a new minder so don't really know any different. :D

mindingmummy
21-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I think parts of the EYFS are fab! but im a new minder so don't really know any different. :D

I think thats what my....um 'problem' is :)

I registered after all the EYFS came into force so dont know any different. dont get me wrong, Id like to be doing other things, but i certainly dont hate it :-)

PixiePetal
21-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't 'like' it but do find childrens progress interesting

I have been minding a while - pre EYFS and have always moved children along developmentally wise - I find all the writing and evidencing a pain. Evidence for me is watching a child move on and noting any concerns with parent over a chat :rolleyes: Give me the old days any time :):thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
21-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't 'like' it but do find childrens progress interesting

I have been minding a while - pre EYFS and have always moved children along developmentally wise - I find all the writing and evidencing a pain. Evidence for me is watching a child move on and noting any concerns with parent over a chat :rolleyes: Give me the old days any time :):thumbsup:

Ditto. I quite enjoy elements of teh EYFS and eeekkk I do actually enjoy charting some of it. I just don't like the prescriptive interpretation from Ofsted and I am quite happy with charting it all the way I am doing. I am SOOOo glad that they are altering the focus of the EYFS too.

wendywu
21-02-2012, 01:02 PM
[
QUOTE=PixiePetal;1057716]I don't 'like' it but do find childrens progress interesting

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this :thumbsup:

I used to do Birth to Three and it showed up any areas that needed to be watched. But it was not a fraction of the paper work and much more fun. :D

The Juggler
21-02-2012, 01:15 PM
i love the EYFS and get excited when realising what my littlies are doing and how well they are doing but I do NOT enjoy the paperwork:panic:

blue bear
23-02-2012, 08:32 PM
The idea of the eyfs is great, it's just all the interpretations that are made of it and the over the top paper work that's come about since it was published.
Sure it's not all necessary

zippy
23-02-2012, 09:59 PM
i love all the obs, planning and next steps stuff, just get fed up with all the jumping though hoops stuff for no real reason

rosebud
23-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I have interpreted it in my own way and therefore only do paperwork which I feel is necessary so i don't feel like I get too bogged down with it. My DO is happy with what I do and I was able to explain my interpretation of it to Mrs O so she was also happy. I take great pleasure in watching the children learn new things and sharing this with parents.

Helen Dempster
26-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I dread doing paperwork, but only because I'm so far behind, I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel at the moment! HOWEVER, once I get really stuck into it, yes - I enjoy EYFS :) It was just being introduced when I started, so I guess that's the big difference. I find it fascinating how development is all inter-linked and I love, love, love the way children learn.