PDA

View Full Version : safer food book

desiderata
21-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Dont know whether Im being a bit thick here but I have got this folder and ive been told to fill it in. I just cant get my head round it (most of you know I have other things going round in my head at the mo) can anyone point me in the right direction as which parts i need to fill in please. Any information will be gratefully received .

Cammie Doodle
21-02-2012, 10:52 AM
My son (who is a chef) says the book is very detailed and looks more for a professional kitchen . (and before I get shot down in flames I know we are professionals, ) I check fridge temps as I store Lunches from home, and would only write something up if Temp was wrong and my actions iyswim

Mollymop
21-02-2012, 11:12 AM
I find it a bit confusing on how to fill it all in, I just did the best I could but knowing me I will forget about it all soon and never fill it in again. I just ticked that I had understood where it asked me too and then put any actions.

sarah707
21-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Just read through it and make sure you understand the principles - if you have been on a course you will know it all anyway.

Then there are some sheets to say that you do what it asks of you so tick those and sign them.

I just add a note in the file if something goes wrong. Otherwise it's mostly ignored until annual review time.

Hth :D

Suebb1
21-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I only fill the diary bit in if I action something.

desiderata
21-02-2012, 01:04 PM
thankyou x

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Are you sure you have the right one? We used to have one that was used by the Catering Trade but NCMA negotiated and a special one which is far less detailed.

It is called Safer food better business for Childminders.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/

Just work through the pages and when you have read them sign and date them. Then I just fill in the action sheet each month to demonstrate I am checking things and aware of food hygiene. I fill in the 3 monthly review sheet. it gives examples.

I don't record the fridge or freezer temperatures, we are not required to there is no section in this new folder to do so. Only if we detect a problem when we check it to then record this and any action taken.

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 01:42 PM
My son (who is a chef) says the book is very detailed and looks more for a professional kitchen . (and before I get shot down in flames I know we are professionals, ) I check fridge temps as I store Lunches from home, and would only write something up if Temp was wrong and my actions iyswim

But we don't use this one any more June we have one specifically for childminders. There is a link to it in my post above.

Cammie Doodle
21-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Will have a look. I dont record fridge temp, just a visual thing and jot down if action needed . Thanks for info

Little Pickles
27-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Are you sure you have the right one? We used to have one that was used by the Catering Trade but NCMA negotiated and a special one which is far less detailed.

It is called Safer food better business for Childminders.

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbchildminders/

Just work through the pages and when you have read them sign and date them. Then I just fill in the action sheet each month to demonstrate I am checking things and aware of food hygiene. I fill in the 3 monthly review sheet. it gives examples.

I don't record the fridge or freezer temperatures, we are not required to there is no section in this new folder to do so. Only if we detect a problem when we check it to then record this and any action taken.

Thanks for posting this link . I looked at it and was about to print it when I realised it was 48 pages - my printer almost in melt down as it is and due to the price of the ink it would prob cost me about £10 to print ! So I phoned and they are posting me out a copy free !
Happy Days:clapping:

rickysmiths
27-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Jolly Good.