PDA

View Full Version : Permission to use First aid kit!

cherry
21-02-2012, 08:56 AM
At a Paediatric first aid course on Saturday we were advise to have in place a Permission to use first aid kit form signed by parents.

This is not for the sake of Ofsted but to cover ourselves.

There is one on the NCMA website

http://www.*************/about_ncma/benefits_of_membership/save_with_ncma/ncma_shop/first-aid_kit_permissions.aspx

I don't have this particular kit so I changed the items listed, but I thought it might help as a template.

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I just have this permission listed with all the other I don't include a list of the contents.

sarah707
21-02-2012, 10:04 AM
I inform parents that I will give the first aid I am trained to do using a kit with contents recommended by my first aid course trainer.

I mention self adhesive dressings as forming part of the kit.

I ask about allergy information elsewhere.

I do not ask permission to do first aid because what on earth would I do if they said no????

Hth :D

Mollymop
21-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I have permission to apply first aid but not for use of the kit as i have permission to use plasters plus I think the permission to do first aid in the first place must mean I can use the contents of my first aid kit as long as their were no allergies which I would have been told about and written on childr record form prior.
I have too many permission forms! xx

rickysmiths
21-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I inform parents that I will give the first aid I am trained to do using a kit with contents recommended by my first aid course trainer.

I mention self adhesive dressings as forming part of the kit.

I ask about allergy information elsewhere.

I do not ask permission to do first aid because what on earth would I do if they said no????

Hth :D

My parents don't have the option to say no to any of my permissions. No one has ever commented but if they did and started to cherry pick I wouldn't sign a Contract with them.

We were told on our First Aid course in November that it was good practice to have signed permission to carry out First Aid. I don't think it is any more illogical that asking permission to seek medical help really because if a child was that ill or injured why wouldn't you just seek the professional help, why have to have permission to?

lynnfi
21-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I completely agree with Rickysmiths. What on earth would happen if we didn't seek medical help or apply first aid (and to apply first aid you usually need to use the kit, one can hardly be there without the other)?
We would be guilty of non assistance to someone in danger! We would definitely be in trouble. Not to mention the personal guilt this would bring:panic: