PDA

View Full Version : Observations & Planning

Kirsty90
19-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello...

A few questions, I've only been minding a couple of weeks and struggling to get my head round the EYFS, obs, planning etc.

I currently have 3 mindees a 3 year old, an 18 month old and a 6 month old. Any ideas on activities to do?

Also on Friday we did our handprints with paint (bit of messy play) does this link to the EYFS in any way?

Thanks

sarah707
19-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Everything the children do links to the Eyfs.

You need to have a good look through the Development Matters document for the children you have in your care at the moment.

You will see lots of examples of good practice and ideas for supporting their learning and development.

Use those to plan your activities... but mostly follow the children's interests and make sure they are happy and have resources to use that they enjoy.

Hth :D

Kirsty90
19-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks Sarah, is there any of your ebooks you can recommend to help me wth the EYFS and my planning and observations?

Thanks

sarah707
19-02-2012, 09:37 PM
Thanks Sarah, is there any of your ebooks you can recommend to help me wth the EYFS and my planning and observations?

Thanks

Have a nosey at my www.eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com website - you will find lots of ideas and advice for free.

If you want further help then yes there are lots of e-books on my other website.

Also have a good nosey through the threads on the forum - there is lots of help and information in those.

Hth :D