PDA

View Full Version : Parental responsibility

Natternic
18-02-2012, 06:02 PM
I have a couple of single parent families, one doesnt have any contact with child and the parent has asked me not to ever have anything to do with him. Even tho no court order is inplace, If this is included on child record form is this sufficient for ofsted?
THe other family kids see their dad, but his name is not on my child record forms should it be?

rickysmiths
18-02-2012, 06:56 PM
You do need to record who has Parental Responsibility and if both parents do this needs to be recorded yes. If there are no court orders in place you need to make it clear to the parent that is signing the Contract that you can not stop the other parent taking the child if they arrive on your doorstep to collect. however you would need absolute proof of who they are before you release the child to them.

I have a password system and make it very clear that anyone other than the normal collectors have to know this password. I also ask for photos of any emergency contacts or grandparents or absent parents who might be asked to collect or turn up.

sarah707
19-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Good advice from Ricky.

If you have any further concerns you should ring Ofsted or your insurance company for advice especially if there is likely to be any concern about the absent parent in the future.

Hth :D