PDA

View Full Version : Requirements for childcare factsheet

Bluebell
17-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I've been looking through the 'Requirements for the Childcare Register: Childminders and home childcarers.' I have ticked everything off apart from CR9.3 about providing information to the parents. It says must make available to parents 'information about the registration system for the voluntary part of the childcare register' and says this is required on both parts of the childcare register.
What exactly does this mean? I provide information that I have to be registered and CRB checked and first aid and inspected but is this what it means? what else would I put?

wendywu
17-02-2012, 08:29 PM
You can download the document required from the Ofsted site. It explains the differences between the two registers. :)

sarah707
17-02-2012, 09:52 PM
You just need to put a little something in your welcome booklet explaining you are registered on the Childcare Registers and about what the registration involves.

It is important to do though i know a few childminders who have been picked up on not doing it at inspection.

Hth :D

Bluebell
18-02-2012, 08:14 AM
Thank you both.
Sarah at the moment I have the following on my parent information;

"I am an Ofsted registered childminder. This ensures I am suitable to look after children. I have completed a pre-registration course, and taken level 3 unit 'Introduction to Childcare Practice' passing the exam which included Safeguarding Children. I have a paediatric first aid qualification. My house has been inspected to ensure it is safe for children. Both my husband and I hold CRB enhanced disclosures.

As an ofsted registered childminder I am also required to follow the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) and to have policies and procedures in place to demonstrate I am providing the very best care possible."

This is pretty basic and I did it when I first registered - I haven't mentioned the childcare registers? Should I amend it?

Thank you,

sarah707
18-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Yes I would add to it to include -

I am also registered on the Childcare Registers to care for children from the age of 5 to 16.

To become registered I hold a paediatric first aid certificate, qualification in the Common Core etc etc....

I also have written policies and procedures to share with parents as required by the Childcare Registers - please see my P & Ps file for more information.

Natternic
18-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for this you have reminded me to go thru the checklist, another job on my to do list!
X

CH1957
18-02-2012, 02:41 PM

I am also registered on the Childcare Registers to care for children from the age of 5 to 16.

To become registered I hold a paediatric first aid certificate, qualification in the Common Core etc etc....

I also have written policies and procedures to share with parents as required by the Childcare Registers - please see my P & Ps file for more information.

OMG !! Something else I didnt know about and Im having my first inspection any day! Only just managed to get my SEF online after 3 days work and now got to look at this :(:panic::panic:

Bluebell
19-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Don't worry CH1957 - I only went through the list the other day and I ticked all of them off as I was doing them anyway! This was the only thing I had a query on so I am sure you will also find you are doing most of it as a matter of course anyway!

Good luck with your first Ofsted - I am expecting mine any time too - and have been since January!

jadavi
20-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Which checklist?
ARGHHH...

Bluebell
21-02-2012, 06:02 PM

Sorry to ask again Sarah - but I am confused! The Ofsted website is saying there are 2 registers which we a re registered on - The early Years Register (which is to care for children up to the 31st August following their 5th birthday) and the Childcare Register. It then goes on to talk about the 2 parts of the Childcare register - The compulsory part which is up to the age of 8 and the voluntary part which is from 8 to 18.
Which bit am I explaining to parents?!

sarah707
21-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Once children leave the Eyfs they move onto the Childcare Register.

As you say it is in 2 parts - the compulsory part which is for children up to the age of 8 and the voluntary part for older children.

If you look at the Childcare Register requirements there is a note at the side of each one saying which of the 2 parts of the register they are relevant to.

If I remember rightly the 'inform parents about the childcare register' bit says 'both registers'.

So you need to tell parents about your registration on both the compulsory and voluntary registers :D

Bluebell
21-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Ok thanks Sarah - it was worded a bit wierdly because it says something like inform parents of the registration process in relation to the voluntary registration but inform on both parts of the register.
Thank you once again,