PDA

View Full Version : how can I say yes?

lucyD
17-02-2012, 03:50 PM
I have no mindees yet so want the work but have a request wanting one day a week 8-5 BUT she is a nurse & the days change all the time, she knows a month in advance but really cant see how this would work if or when I get other work!!! re:numbers etc. I would love to help her out, any ideas?

Ripeberry
17-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Depends on how old the child is and how many spaces you have. If it means that you get some work in the meantime then I would go for it. As long as she knows that if you get busier that the day may change.
Just see what she says :)

Tink
17-02-2012, 04:34 PM
If you have no mindees then I would suggest you say yes to her and if someone comes along further down the line I am sure you will be able to work around Mum's shifts. Good luck.

kat27
17-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi LucyD

I'm currently in the process of registering myself, however i used to work for the nhs myself with shifts varying and also my days off varying. I adored my childminder that my children went to and so did my children, obviously i cant answer for other parents but there was no way i wanted to lose her as a childminder but understood that she also had a living to make, so i ended up paying her for the full time places so that it didn't really matter what day i had off. I was happy to do that as i personally think a good childminder and one that your children feel comfortable with are worth their weight in gold! I know of some other I worked with paid full price for 3 days that they were contracted to and half fee for the remaining days.
Hope it all works out for you, I cant wait to be registered :)

lucyD
17-02-2012, 05:24 PM
thanks everyone, she is 13 months so I would only be able to take on 1 more as I have my own 14 month old son. I would need to leave a space 5 days a week and only be paid for one day so cant see it being financially viable for me. You say she could pay a retainer type thing for other days but how would she afford it if she only works one day a week!! Also not sure how I would work future clients around her shifts if one week she comes a mon the next a fri etc how would it work... GRRR!! This is gonna make me go grey...:panic: