PDA

View Full Version : hand, foot and mouth!!??

sunview_cm
16-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm recently reg and one of my mindee's was diagnoised with hand foot and mouth. The guidance states there is no recommended time to stay away from school e.t.c but my little girl has been very grumpy all day and now has a rash on her bottom and a few red spots on her hands, so has probably got it! How do you normally deal with it?
I had a new mindee coming tomoro morning for a settling in session and to go through contracts but I've contacted her to tell the situation and am waiting on her getting back to me.
Any advice welcomed please!
Emma x

christine e
16-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I've never (knowingly) come across anyone with it but I think I would have done exactly as you have done in letting new mindee's parent know about situation and give the choice of delaying if possible.

Hope your little one is better soon

Cx

*daisychain*
16-02-2012, 08:46 PM
we had an outbreak of it not so long ago, I just let the parents know and gave them some info on it, as it sounds a little scary if you don't know the facts, then I let them make there mind up to send their child or not, they had already been in contact with each other so they all got it anyway. With a new mindee I'd just inform the parents, prob not a good idea if they are starting with you and end up grouchy and poorly on the settling in period.