PDA

View Full Version : Should I report possible food poisoning (Not CM related)

AliceK
15-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi
Great night was had last night :rolleyes:. OH bought some meals from M&S to cook for us last night. He had his dinner and then virtually straight away, about 30 / 40 mins later suddenly felt sick and then spent the rest of the evening throwing up. He's fine this morning. It's strange because we had different meals and his meal was a cheese and tomato fresh pasta dish so no meat / fish in it. I've just read the ingredients in his meal and I just can't think what could have caused him to be sick but it must have been the food don't you think? I had prawns and rice so thank goodness mine was OK. do you think I should report it and if so who to?

xxx

ajs
15-02-2012, 09:45 AM
You could take the packaging to environmental health although I am more inclined to think as it was so soon after eating that he may have a bug. Write to m and s too stating the packing code and a copy of the receipt they may want to follow it up

christine e
15-02-2012, 09:48 AM
You could take the packaging to environmental health although I am more inclined to think as it was so soon after eating that he may have a bug. Write to m and s too stating the packing code and a copy of the receipt they may want to follow it up

I too think it was rather too soon after eating for the food to be the culprit - I would think it was either a bug or something he ate much earlier (even day before)

Cx

AliceK
15-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Thank you :thumbsup:
He was fine all day and enjoyed his dinner and is fine this morning. Maybe he just has a delicate tummy :laughing:

xxx

Zoomie
15-02-2012, 10:04 AM
Having worked in M&S, I have to say that they have the most stringent procedures in place to safeguard food, that I have ever seen.

I am not saying it couldn't happen, but the illess was more likely something else.

If you do want to return the food packaging (cardboard cover plus plastic dish) to M&S they will investigate it for you.

Glad to hear your DH is better now.

AliceK
15-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Having worked in M&S, I have to say that they have the most stringent procedures in place to safeguard food, that I have ever seen.

I am not saying it couldn't happen, but the illess was more likely something else.

If you do want to return the food packaging (cardboard cover plus plastic dish) to M&S they will investigate it for you.

Glad to hear your DH is better now.

Thank you Zoomie. It may have just been too rich for him. I'd be surprised if M&S food was bad.

xxxx

sazzoo
15-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Last time I had definate food poisoning it took around 10 - 12 hours for me to be sick or get any symptoms so I think its probably a bug or maybe hes sensitive to one of the ingredients Hope all is ok now

Mollymop
15-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Food poisioning symptoms can start from 30 mins onwards.
Though if it were food poisoning he would have been ill for longer than just a few hours - it would feel like flu (aches and pains/fevers ) with both/or V + D. He would likely be ill for a few days at least.

Even though there was no meat in the meal it doens't mean you can't get food poisioning. Cheese/diary products are big causes of FP (Staphylococcus aureus) if they are not kept refrigerated at the corrct temperature. x

Cammie Doodle
15-02-2012, 12:44 PM
To be fair food posioning can come on very quickly, but it usually involves rice/ seafood and being Hubby had neither I doubt very much it was that . M&S are the hardest people in the world to please (know of 2 local munufactuers for them and they have their own production lines ) Maybe it just disagreed with him. Just a thought what did he have for lunch ?

LOOPYLISA
15-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Could of been a bug or the food, who knows, glad hes better x

babs
15-02-2012, 08:32 PM
there are quite few bugs going round last.week we all had d n v over 4 days only lasting 24 hours but then hubby and son next day and heard so many people say the same. so think maybe a bug..

samb
15-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I don't think you need to report it as it was something only bought for him and only eaten by him. Just wanted to say that I have had food poisoning before - I was violently throwing up about 30 mins after eating for about 2 hours then felt fragile but ok. Very odd experience. Mine was a reheated rice meal. (And I did it to myself!):blush:

AliceK
16-02-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't think you need to report it as it was something only bought for him and only eaten by him. Just wanted to say that I have had food poisoning before - I was violently throwing up about 30 mins after eating for about 2 hours then felt fragile but ok. Very odd experience. Mine was a reheated rice meal. (And I did it to myself!):blush:

Same here. I've had food poisoning twice. Once from cold rice salad which I now know is dodgy and will no longer eat any form of cold rice and then I also had it from a chocolate mousse.
OH was fine yesterday, felt delicate and didn't want much to eat last night but has been fine. I've never cleaned so often and sprayed so much disinfectant around as I have done in the last 24hrs just in case it was a bug, OH thinks I'm a bit mad.

xxxx