PDA

View Full Version : Inclusion Resource List ?

Tinkerbell1979
14-02-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm still getting used to this forum. I am currently 5 weeks into the 7 week pre-reg course and am getting my portfolio ready to hand in on 25th Feb. This is our next session as this week is off due to half term.

Basically it says on the checklist about a Inclusion Resource List ? What is this ? Is this just an Inclusion Policy ?

TIA

Jenny x

sarah707
14-02-2012, 09:29 AM
An inclusion resource list is basically a list of all the resources you have which enable the children to learn about inclusion.

This would include disability, multiculturalism, racism, family groups etc.

You might have jigsaws, home made games, dolls, books, information about other religions, planning for religious festivals, artefacts etc.

hth :D

zippy
14-02-2012, 09:42 AM
At the start it can seem like it's going to get expensive but it doesn't have to be you can download role play masks and laminate them, they have loads of different ones pirates and such like, but they have them in different skin tones. The point is that they should be in your setting just as an everyday play resource, the list is just there to show you have thought about what you already have and maybe you could do a list of what you would like to get in the future.