PDA

View Full Version : Start up grants...

jw19nr
24-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Hello. I was told by my local children's information service that there is no start up grant avaliable in my area, however, I have just read this:

Start Up Grants (England and Wales)

Childminder start-up grants are available in both England and Wales. The grants, which are administered by Early Years Development and Childcare Partnerships (eydcps), are aimed at helping new childminders with the costs of setting up their childminding business, including toys, safety equipment, insurance, registration and inspection fees, ncma membership and tools of the trade. The average sum awarded in england is £300.

Which implys that everbody gets something. IS this something that I should be applying for outside of my local CIS?

Bit confused now, but the money would really help me if it was avaliable.

mum2two
24-05-2008, 06:48 PM
As far as I'm aware, each county is different. I think you'll find this with training and courses too. Some offer everything, and some areas you have to pay,

I think it all depends on what money's available in your area.

Hopefully someone who knows for sure will be along to clarify, or put me right.

Kelly x

sarah707
24-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Kelly is right - it depends where you live I'm afraid :(

miffy
24-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I agree with the others - it is a lottery depending on where you live

You could show what you've quoted here to your eydcp and push them a bit harder but I don't know if that would get you anywhere

miffy xx

angeldelight
25-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I agree with the others

But very unfair all the same everyone should be treated the same regardless of what area you live

Try and push and hope you get it

Angel xx