PDA

View Full Version : delaying ofsted

cat lady at 38
13-02-2012, 05:46 PM
is there any valid reason i can use to delay my first grading inspection, they will be due in july, probably 2-3 weeks after i have started with my first mindee, would rather have been minding for a couple of months before them arriving so i have some idea of what i should be doing many thanks for your replies

miffy
13-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't think so and you might get a call before that anyway.

You could try explaining to the inspector, they might be sympathetic but I also think that all EYFS inspections in this cycle have to be completed by July 2012 before the changes to the EYFS comes in so may be out of their control.

Miffy xx

rickysmiths
13-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Apart from being ill or not yet got any children to mind.

What makes you think they will come so quickly after you have started minding? It is usually at least 8 months but I have a friend who has been minding for 15 months now and still not had her first graded inspection. I don't think you can really tell until you get a call. I wouldn't worry you will be fine.

CH1957
13-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Apart from being ill or not yet got any children to mind.

What makes you think they will come so quickly after you have started minding? It is usually at least 8 months but I have a friend who has been minding for 15 months now and still not had her first graded inspection. I don't think you can really tell until you get a call. I wouldn't worry you will be fine.

In my area they are coming between 5 and 6 months after being registered so I think it must depend on where you live.