PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Inspection with NO children on roll

mumimoore
13-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Help... it's been nearly 4 years since they came for my registration insection and I currentl have no children on roll. I really dont know what to expect?

sarah707
13-02-2012, 04:35 PM
have a read through Ofsted factsheet 080173 :D

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-guidance-for-inspecting-childminders-and-childcare-settings-no-children-roll-or

betty boop
13-02-2012, 09:02 PM
As far as I know if you have no children you can only get satisfactory at the most

Angela234
13-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I had a non grading no children on roll inspection 2 weeks ago

Lovely lady looked at all my paperwork talked about them. Asked about EYFS planning ect, looked at my photo album so she could see some of our activities. Asked about toys/resources Talked about working with parents ,training

She stayed about an hour i also got her to up my numbers when working with an assistant

Got my copy a few days ago gave details of registration and a paragraph about me my understanding of EYFS etc

jacky s
14-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Hello, I had mine on Monday morning after 7 years. She stayed about 30 minutes, asked some questions from her laptop and went. She looked around the house to make sure everything was still safe and in line with my registration. Looked at the equipment I have, where babies would sleep if i had one, back garden etc. much the same as an initial check. Then she wanted to know about the training I've had recently (first aid mostly) and how I kept up-to date with the child minding practices. she also put importance on the safeguarding policy and procedure I have. what I did do that seemed to surprise her was to bring all the information books I have, documents, downloads everything I had to show her. She probably wont be interested in it but its evidence you know what you're doing. oh yes and she wanted to know how I recorded the under 5s journey. luckily I have got daily diary's, early years passports and observations books etc already.If you've done your level 3 course let that slip too. cant say anything then as obviously you do know what your doing. much much simpler than a full check and not so bad. She left feedback with me to say that I was obviously still a good rating and could have gone higher if id done my SEF form and I should seriously think of going back to under 5s as it was a waste of my skills not to. very surprised at that one!!!!!! good luck and what's the worst that could happen..... nothing, cant alter the rating you already have. good luck and smile it'll be over quicker than you know it. Jacky s