PDA

View Full Version : Inspection advice

sarah707
24-05-2008, 04:58 PM
The inspector really appreciated a list to take away of all the things we do relevant to the National Standards...

Know your safeguarding procedure really well - both for what would happen if a child told you something and what you would do if a complaint was made against you...

Practice saying what would happen in the case of a bad accident...

Sedate the baby...

Show written evidence of fire practices...

Show Birth to 3 notes and photos of children...

And don't forget to breathe! Good luck!! :D

ajs
24-05-2008, 05:03 PM
thanks for that sarah

oh ****** hell my inspection isn't even due until septemebr and i'm nervous already.

note to self get them practicing the fire drill
breathe

nell57
24-05-2008, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=sarahnev707;148614]

Sedate the baby...:D

Thanks Sarah I'm due end of Sept as well, great timing with eyfs ay:panic:

Helen

NikNak
17-06-2008, 09:52 AM
The inspector really appreciated a list to take away of all the things we do relevant to the National Standards...

Know your safeguarding procedure really well - both for what would happen if a child told you something and what you would do if a complaint was made against you...

Practice saying what would happen in the case of a bad accident...

Sedate the baby...

Show written evidence of fire practices...

Show Birth to 3 notes and photos of children...

And don't forget to breathe! Good luck!! :D

Oh my goodness I dont know the answer to any of those questions and my inspector is coming on July 7th. Please can you tell me Sarah? especially about safeguarding procedure for complaint against me and if a child told me something? Thank you.x

Pauline
17-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh my goodness I dont know the answer to any of those questions and my inspector is coming on July 7th. Please can you tell me Sarah? especially about safeguarding procedure for complaint against me and if a child told me something? Thank you.x

I'm sure Sarah won't mind if I chip in as she is not here.

You should have been given information about your local Safguarding Children Board when you started childminding, if not then try typing Safeguarding Children Board followed by your area into Google and you should find something, with phone numbers and who to contact out of hours etc. You should have these numbers written down for easy access should you need them. You should also know who to contact as the Inspector will ask you.

As regards complaints, you can use the complaints form in the back of one of the white booklets that are updates for the National Standards. Not sure which one off hand but if you need to know I can give you the number.

If you make your own complaints form then it must contain most of the same information as on the one in the booklet, for it to be legal etc.

Sorry this is a bit of quick reply - have to dash in a tick! :)

sarah707
17-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Thank you Pauline!

Have a good nosey around the forums as well NikNak, there are lots of answers in the threads... anything else, just ask :D