PDA

View Full Version : So sorry but I need to rant!

EmmaReed84
12-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Grrr @ them people who just run you up the wrong way!!!

Today is MIL birthday, this morning myself DH and both DS's go round to give her a gift and card. As we are away during the week we also give SIL her gift as her birthday is 15th. SIL will be 19 so was out partying and had her mate stay over. Her mate was just... Can't really think of the word but you know what person you just think Shut Up!!

We have never met her before and she is all "pally" with my kids acting like she had known them all their lives, acting like a very close auntie would. This made me feel uncomfortable. The my SIL made a coffee for everyone and this girl picked up DH's cup and was like "X here you go, there is your coffee" wearing nothing but her skimpy leopard print pyjama vest top and shorts! She was all flirty and "bouncy" DH didn't even bat an lid!

Later this even we had a family meal booked about 19 of us that DH and I arranged. This place had a soft play for the kids so DH and sat in the middle where we could see and get easy access to the kids, MIL sat opposite and this girl just barged her way in and sat next to MIL, pushing both SIL's down the table, I am sorry but surely you would think this is NOT my mum I should back off and let the daughters sit near her but nope!

Then anything anyone said she had done, seen, has, gets but hers was always bigger, better, more. This meal was a carvery meal and as we were walking up we were talking about weight and feeling bloated, she sucked in her belly and said "Look how skinny I am now... I am really skinny, but I will get a pot when I have eaten" then about a minute later when I looked and she had relaxed she had this so-called pot... It annoyed me because SIL was saying she wants to be a size 6 and there her "mate" was sucking it in then bragging "ohh look at me" SIL is a gorgeous size 10 and looks amazing!

Unfortunately DS had been poorly a few days before and just had a cough but because he was running about he coughed so much he was ill so DH and I decided to go straight home and she was like "I get that cough, but mine is worse than that!" (Ok love you win the worst cough competition!!!! :angry:) never mind "Is he ok?"

She was all over MIL like a rash and my youngest SIL 14 was push right out I am just so annoyed. Whenever she made comments I just sort of smirked and raised my eyebrows and talked to DH or DS lol.

I just don't like this girl, there is something about her I really don't trust. She is not good I can feel it! This girl is going to cause trouble down the line

LOOPYLISA
12-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a right madam :rolleyes:

stardust
12-02-2012, 09:09 PM
I would have said something, I cant hold back I just sit there and boil until I have to say something. She would have got a 'and nobody cares' from me.
My family are used to it so none of them would have been offended.
I really don't understand people like this, when I am at someone else's house I am so zoned in on everything I do. No way on this planet would I be strutting around in my pj's! Some people have no understanding of the unspoken rules.

Sit down with a cuppa and chill, there's not much you can do and I be 19 yr old sil is annoyed at her friend.

Velleity
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Is it possible she might just have been nervous for meeting you all?
I say some really stupid things sometimes when I don't know people well, or over-compensate and end up just talking endlessly about nothing.

Zoomie
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
We had my husbands cousin stay with us once. I had to tell her to go and get dressed and be decent.

It honestly didn't occur to her that she should get dressed. As we were family, she thought it was okay to parade around in her pjs as that is what she did with her family. I think she was about 19 at the time.

But the rest of her behaviour ......

Mollymop
13-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd have been just as cross. How rude of her xx

FussyElmo
13-02-2012, 09:56 AM
She may have been nervous and insecure. Her family life might be different and she wanted to impress. The wanting to be by your MIL could have been insecurity again.

I guess only time will time

Katiekoo
13-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Oh dear! That would really get under my skin too! I don't like other women/girls much at the best of times - mostly because I feel threatened :blush:
At that age you are so unaware of how you come across, it's all about being the thinnest, coolest, loudest and getting most attention! :rolleyes: I was that way when I was 19 and still had a firm body and no white hairs - probably why I am so intolerant of it now! :laughing:

You did well to get through it. I would be making some remarks about how lovely SIL is, how polite and lovely she is, and what a great figure she has, next time you get the chance.