PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay near Bristol

littletreasures
12-02-2012, 03:27 PM
I need you help please.

We are entering one of our dogs in a dog show in Thornbury, Bristol.

We could drive there and back all in one day, but that will make it a long day, so we are thinking whether or not to get a B&B somewhere nearby.

I've looked at Travelodge/Premier Inns, but was just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere close by that's reasonably priced?

Thanks

The Juggler
12-02-2012, 08:01 PM
my sister used to stay in bath often and used little apartment hotels for rent. sort of 3 or 4 aparments in a building and someone who let you in/gave you your key when you arrive. don't know any names though sorry.

Ripeberry
12-02-2012, 10:20 PM
Welcome to my part of the world! I live only a few miles from Thornbury. One of the best placed hotels is the Gables Hotel. Just off Junct 14 of the M5 and only a 15 minute drive into town (is it the Leisure center you are going to?).
Info can be found on www.thegablesbristol.co.uk
Another good local website is: www.myThornbury.co.uk and it has lists of B&B places.
One tip, the car parks are free, but make sure that you park within the 'lines' as our local Ticket officer is a little Hitler and will fine you if you so even touch a line with your tyre.
Lots of cafes in the High street and Mundy playing field just off the High street is a nice place to walk the dog :)

littletreasures
13-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Welcome to my part of the world! I live only a few miles from Thornbury. One of the best placed hotels is the Gables Hotel. Just off Junct 14 of the M5 and only a 15 minute drive into town (is it the Leisure center you are going to?).
Info can be found on www.thegablesbristol.co.uk
Another good local website is: www.myThornbury.co.uk and it has lists of B&B places.
One tip, the car parks are free, but make sure that you park within the 'lines' as our local Ticket officer is a little Hitler and will fine you if you so even touch a line with your tyre.
Lots of cafes in the High street and Mundy playing field just off the High street is a nice place to walk the dog :)

Thanks for this.
Yes, it's the Leisure Centre we're going to.
I've had a look at those places you've suggested but really need something a bit cheaper.

Thanks for the Hitler tip and we'll be sure to take a walk along the High Street.