PDA

View Full Version : Well today is the day ):

Chatterbox Childcare
12-02-2012, 10:42 AM
:crying:

MY eldest DS is leaving for a while in Australia tonight and boy am I going to miss him. Bound to be a blithering wreck at the airport :)

Bye Nick have a fantastic time and we will see you in 6 or 12 months time xx

Trouble
12-02-2012, 10:43 AM
bless big hugs and have fun son xxxxx:(

kindredspirits
12-02-2012, 11:12 AM
can i get in his suitcase???:D

The Juggler
12-02-2012, 11:15 AM
oh hon. but it'll be an amazing experience for him and he'll probably come back even more grown up :)

miffy
12-02-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm sure he'll have a fantastic time but ooooooooohhhhh you will miss him :(

Any chance you'll be able to go and visit? :D

Miffy xx

desiderata
12-02-2012, 11:25 AM
What an experience for him xx I know how you feel tho mine went to America for 7 months it killed me xx hugs to all x

sarah707
12-02-2012, 12:21 PM
I am sure he will have a ball!

Hugs to you xxxx

rickysmiths
12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
What a fab experience for him. I know how you feel and my dd is only in Lincoln! I cried all the way home when we dropped her off in Sept :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
12-02-2012, 04:46 PM
Well we have been out for lunch, packed the bags (what a job that was!), cleaned out the bedroom (don't go there) and now are about to go to the airport. Tissues are at the ready as I know I am going to need them :)

The Juggler
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
maybe a towel would be better :p awww sending big hugs honey :(

Penny1959
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Hope the drop off went ok and you have not run out of tissues.

I am sure the next few days / weeks are going to be very hard for you - but boy what an experience for you DS - and I bet that you are very proud of him for having this opportunity and the courage to take it

Penny :)

Mouse
12-02-2012, 09:39 PM
I hope he has a fabulous time and that it flies by for you!

The longest/furthes my eldest has been away was 6 weeks in China. It was made a bit easier as we were in touch every day by internet or Skype, but it was still a relief to have him home :blush:

LOOPYLISA
12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
Just seen your pics on fb, hope he has a wonderful time x

Demonjill
12-02-2012, 10:39 PM
ooh what an adventure:thumbsup:

Hugs for you though :)

betty boop
12-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Hope he has a fab time

sue m
13-02-2012, 09:11 AM
My son went to Australia for a year about 2007 and we're very close although he didn't live with me. I was very proud of myself at Heathrow, I only shed a few tears and he did too. Till I got to the car anyway.

He had the most fantastic time, he loved it and made so many friends who he's still in touch with now. He's got hundreds of photos on fb and I can see how happy he was. You'll still worry about him though

He lives in Amsterdam now and we are in touch via skype.

x

Mollymop
13-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Hope it went well. He will have a fab time I am sure xx

alwaysright
13-02-2012, 08:18 PM
argh hope he enjoys it! get yourself a skype account so you can keep in touch and actually see him, or if you both have an iphone, ipod touch or ipad you could facetime

keeks
13-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Poor, poor you, and lucky lucky him! :D

I really feel for you, I sometimes cry just thinking of my boys leaving home - how sad is that! Needless to say, on the days they drive me bonkers I look forward to it! :laughing:

It is the best thing a young person can do though. What an experience, what a fantastic way to grow up and learn about the world. As much as I dread it, I will encourage mine to do the same.

Good luck at the airport!

xx

Tatjana
13-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Aww must be so hard to see him go and for so long.

Mine aren't allowed to leave me or move no more than 2 streets away lol!!:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
14-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Well he is done on the ground safe and sound and I am a happy bunny

No time for tears from me as I had a babbling family of 3 (including DH) to sort out...

think all my tears were spent last week before he even left

He took his Iphone, laptop and xbox with him (yes an xbox) so plenty of ways to keep in contact and I can call without charge anytime I like on talktalk.

rickysmiths
15-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Modern technology is wonderful. Also the free phone calls.

I remember when we went to live in Nairobi in 1963, Dad was in the RAF. Phone calls to the UK cost a £1 a min which was a fortune then ( Dad would have been on about £1500pa salary! We were allowed 5 x 3min calls a year one for each of our Birthdays and one for Christmas, we were there for 3 years and my Grandparents were all in the UK and could not afford to come and visit and we did not visit home in that time. Dad sent Cine Films home to them and lots of photos.

I was 7 and my sister 3. It must have been so hard for them. We had a great time in Africa though, very different country to now and we were able to travel, Dad bought an old Ford and off we went every weekend and holiday on the rough murram roads. I have some great memories, including seeing Cliff Richard and the Shadows when we were on our first visit to the Nairobi National Park :blush:

Cammie Doodle
15-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh glad he is there ok. Can I ask how the free call work as Carolyn's son out there too, he is near Melbourne (in fact she is there visiting at the moment) but she is spending a small fortune every month keeping in touch with him, all he has is a mobile (no internet access in the house he is boarding in) Carolyn is with Talk Talk too , but not got any free calls

rickysmiths
15-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Oh glad he is there ok. Can I ask how the free call work as Carolyn's son out there too, he is near Melbourne (in fact she is there visiting at the moment) but she is spending a small fortune every month keeping in touch with him, all he has is a mobile (no internet access in the house he is boarding in) Carolyn is with Talk Talk too , but not got any free calls

I am with Talk, Talk as well, formally Tiscali. My deal includes all calls to land lines (not premium nos or 0845 ones) all days and evenings and they gradually added free overseas calls to some countries including Australia, USA and a lot of European Countries. My package includes Phone, Internet and Freeview TV+ with additional TV packages available if you want to pay for them.

I don't know if the same package is still available or if it is, at what cost. You would have to contact Talk, Talk to see.