PDA

View Full Version : crb check on 16 year old

louised
24-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong place I wasn't sure where it should go. My son is 16 in a couple of months so he will be due a crb check. I was wondering if I had to initiate this or will I be contacted automatically by ofsted

Pudding Girl
24-05-2008, 08:56 AM
AFAIK you need to contact Ofsted/Care Commission/etc

Chimps Childminding
24-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Yes you have to contact Ofsted who will send out the necessary paperwork for you to complete - i know because i have recently had to do this for my sons!:thumbsup:

ajs
24-05-2008, 11:44 AM
i did it all on line on the ofsted website
i filled in a cm2 sent it off to them they sent me a crb to fill in and send back

the report came back to sam , which i keep in my file

miss muffit
24-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi could you tell me did you have to pay for your childs crb check?

our development worker said that ofsted wont pay for it and it would cost £42

:)

tulip0803
24-05-2008, 01:56 PM
I am not sure about payments cos mine is CSSIW and we don't pay.

I have been told they only have a basic CRB because they cannot do an enhanced until they are 18. They still have to have the 3 or 5 pieces of evidence from the list, which has taken some time with DS waiting for his NI number to actually arrive. You cannot send the CRB form off in advance of their 16th birthday as it won't be legal. I contacted CSSIW a month before and they said to ring back just before his bday.

nell57
24-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Are crbs different for England & Wales

My ds is not 16 until June 6th and has had an enhanced one done through his swimming club, it came back last week. Our welfare officer for the swimming club told us that in the country children as young as 10 have had crbs done:eek: not sure why for that age.

Not sure about the cost though because his was done free through the swimming club

Helen

tulip0803
24-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I thought they were all the same but I was told he could not have one before his 16th birthday and that he cannot have an enhanced until he is 18.

But these are the people who put DH CRB form in my file instead of sending it:rolleyes: so could be anything.

ajs
24-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi could you tell me did you have to pay for your childs crb check?

our development worker said that ofsted wont pay for it and it would cost £42

:)

no i did not and to be honest if i had then i may not have done it
ofsted insist on it ofsted can pay for it

sorry your development officer is wrong

ajs
24-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Are crbs different for England & Wales

My ds is not 16 until June 6th and has had an enhanced one done through his swimming club, it came back last week. Our welfare officer for the swimming club told us that in the country children as young as 10 have had crbs done:eek: not sure why for that age.

Not sure about the cost though because his was done free through the swimming club

Helen

i spoke to crb when sam reached 16 and 10 is the age of criminal responsibility
so why do ofsted make us wait until they are 16 who knows

Tatia
24-05-2008, 04:19 PM
You won't have to worry about contacting OFSTED. We were abroad at Christmas of 2007 (when my daughter turned 16) and when we got home from our hols, there was a letter from OFSTED with all necassary forms waiting for us! They pay for it.

custardcream
24-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I have just enquired to ofsted about this for my son and they told me that they would automatically send me the forms a couple of weeks before he turns 16, I was very sceptical and had made a note to ring again nearer the time so its nice to hear that they do actually send them out to us.

Chimps Childminding
24-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I would make a note - i have triplets who were 16 recently and didn't receive a letter from Ofsted, I had to ring them!

miss muffit
24-05-2008, 07:59 PM
no i did not and to be honest if i had then i may not have done it
ofsted insist on it ofsted can pay for it

sorry your development officer is wrong

thanks for the info

sue32
24-05-2008, 10:33 PM
My s was 16 in March, ofsted sent cm2 and crb enchanced form on his birthday to me, sent them back and ofsted paid, sorry dont worry ofsted rememeber