PDA

View Full Version : Stressed out parent...

tinyp164
10-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone

Very early this morning a very stressed out mum called me to arrange emergency childcare for next week (monday in half term) for her 2 children; 8 and 10. I have the vacancies as I'm quite new so only have 1 child at the min. However, she only needs me for monday morning as a one off. Do I still need to get her to sign a seperate contract for both children due to my insurance or would a child record form be alright seems as its only for one day?

I'm trying to get everything else in place, i.e. permission forms etc so thought I would ask now before I stress myself out too.

Thank you in advanced!! :)

Velleity
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd use a child record form with a home-made contract.

miffy
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
TBH if it's just a one-off then I would write up a simple record of what you've agreed (hours, prices, who for etc) get her to sign it and also pay up front.

You will still need permissions, emergency contact details, parents name, address, who has parental responsibility etc.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
you would need a contract for each of them. I would always do all the normal paperwork hon to cover yourself. you never know she might ask you to have them again.

however, for all the paperwork effort I think I'd tell mum it's a min. charge of £x (whatever works for you). It's a lot of paperwork for a few hours. I'd make it at least 5 hour min for both children :thumbsup:

loocyloo
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
hi, i have a temporary contract form. it has permission for travel in my car and to seek emergency treatment for the child.

i do give parents a copy of all my policies etc and ask them to sign a full permission slip if there is time, so then i keep these on file, and should child need to attend again, i just get a new temporary care contract signed.

hopefully attached! good luck x

rickysmiths
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree with Juggler and I would want her to come over the weekend so you can meet the children and sign all the paperwork. Also to find out the childrens interest. I would charge a higher fee for a one off like this.

tinyp164
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Thank you sooo much!! Great advice!! :clapping:
I am using the NCMA contracts, so I think I'm going to use this as a basis for a 'home-made' contract for each child and then use it with the child record forms which I have.

Thank youuuu again! :thumbsup:

Polly2
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I like to keep some of these short term contracts in for last minute children http://www.shop.*************/shop/Short-Term_Registered_Childminding_Contracts.html

Mollymop
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
TBH if it's just a one-off then I would write up a simple record of what you've agreed (hours, prices, who for etc) get her to sign it and also pay up front.

You will still need permissions, emergency contact details, parents name, address, who has parental responsibility etc.

Miffy xx

Same

If it's just a one off morning only I would ask parent to pay me before they leave and give them a detailed receipt. I wouldn't worry with a contract. You don't need one for insurance purposes as far as I am aware?

tinyp164
13-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Just thought I would give you an update on how it all went!
I received a text from mum yesterday asking for my post code again dispite giving it her the other day, but hey that was fine. Anyways woke up bright and early and met the children and mum (wanted to do it at the weekend but mum was busy...). I gave her the contract...thank you Loocyloo for posting on I tweeked it to fit with my childcare too so a huge thank you :clapping:, and she signed it and the med admin/allergy forms etc but then when it came to the child record forms she said it was simular to the contract and she was in a rush...before cm I was fairly shy and let things go but not anymore! so I said if you don't sign it or state on it as previous page and sign/date it then I can't have the children, so she filled it in!!
Anyway the children were fine really, girl was cheeky etc but I soon realised they had no boundaries at home unlike here so they settled into the rountines fine. However....as children do they spoke freely and mentioned they were previously kicked out of another local childminder as the girl had hit someone, I asked why thats not a good idea etc etc. But I was a bit amazed that mum hadn't told me after she was so stressed out I tried to help, but I can see that she thought perhaps I would have pre-judge and I suppose she is right. Finally, as she came to pick them up I gave her a detailed receipt and they were having a great time and asked to say 5 extra mins and mum said no way and started shouting at them so they got their shoes so the girl attempted to tie laces (8yo) and couldn't do them so mum again shouted and swore....I'm sorry but to me this is not acceptable, luckily I had no other children. But if she speaks to them like that then no wonder they are disrespectful back. :angry:
Anyways rant over, just had to tell someone! A kind helpful gesture by me turned around and bit me in the bum. o well heres to my lovely ones tomorrow!! x

The Juggler
13-02-2012, 02:48 PM
oh bless. am guessing that that was the reason they needed emergency care if they were kicked out of previous minder. poor kiddies they are not going to be growing up respectful if their mum swears at them for not gettign their lac es right:panic::(

karensmart4
13-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Good deed done :thumbsup:

Poor kids being brought up like that, they prob think everyone is treated the same :(

I bet they will be back !