PDA

View Full Version : Queens Jubilee

baksie
10-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Is anybody taking the Queens holiday as an official bank holiday? my contracts show fees payable on bank holidays if its a contracted day! but not quite sure about this one!

Toothfairy
10-02-2012, 10:22 AM
It falls in Half Term, so I will be off all week as I only work term time :thumbsup:

AgentTink
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I am taking it as a contracted bank holiday as it is offical holiday. All parents wil be getting a extra bank holiday this year becuase of it, so I dont see why we should not. I too get paid for my bank holidays even though i am not open.

Both of my parents have already confirmed that they are both taking the week off as they are going on holiday so it will be a lovely week off for me on full pay :clapping:

rickysmiths
10-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Is anybody taking the Queens holiday as an official bank holiday? my contracts show fees payable on bank holidays if its a contracted day! but not quite sure about this one!

It is a Public Holiday same as Christmas Day so yes same as any other Bank Holiday like the Royal Wedding last year.

baksie
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Thankyou! that makes me feel a bit better! I did put it down as a bank holiday and gave all parents holiday sheet but my husband has just told me that his boss is not letting them have the day off! so was curious as to whether I could justify it! I worked The Royal wedding bank holiday as it wasn't as much notice. But we had fun and had a garden street party lol xx

rickysmiths
10-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Thankyou! that makes me feel a bit better! I did put it down as a bank holiday and gave all parents holiday sheet but my husband has just told me that his boss is not letting them have the day off! so was curious as to whether I could justify it! I worked The Royal wedding bank holiday as it wasn't as much notice. But we had fun and had a garden street party lol xx

I think it maybe because it is a Public Holiday not a Bank Holiday because a lot of companies were funny about the one for the Royal Wedding.

Intrigued about the lack of notice for the Royal Wedding one? We had about 3-4 months notice and I bet your parents had the day off. All mine did.

No excuse for the Jubilee one we have had 2 years notice of when it was going to be :thumbsup:

baksie
10-02-2012, 06:33 PM
The Royal Wedding day was a Friday and some of my parents had to work so I didnt like to put in a payable bank holiday at short notice, but as you say this one's been planned for two years! poor hubby's got to work now tho!
Thanks for replies!

rickysmiths
10-02-2012, 07:28 PM
The Royal Wedding day was a Friday and some of my parents had to work so I didnt like to put in a payable bank holiday at short notice, but as you say this one's been planned for two years! poor hubby's got to work now tho!
Thanks for replies!

But we had at least 3 months notice of the Royal wedding one I don't call that short notice?